Hit & Miss Notifications.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For some reason, over the last few days, I have received very few notifications when someone adds to a thread to which I am subscribed!
I have checked my settings, which seem to be correct and I've also cleared my cache.
My Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to Instantly, using email.
When I click on 'view all subscribed threads' the 'Notification' check box is empty. I check it and all the check boxes relating to the individual threads then become checked ......................... however ..................... there is no save option.
Is this at the root of my problem despite the fact that my Default Thread Subscription settings are correct?

Does this make sense?

Slime.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
For some reason, over the last few days, I have received very few notifications when someone adds to a thread to which I am subscribed!
I have checked my settings, which seem to be correct and I've also cleared my cache.
When I click on 'view all subscribed threads' the 'Notification' check box is empty. I check it and all the check boxes relating to the individual threads then become checked ......................... however ..................... there is no save option.
Is this at the root of my problem despite the fact that my Default Thread Subscription settings are correct?

Does this make sense?

Slime.
Same here nothing for ages , then I received 45 notifications at once

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had two notifications since 06.10hrs yesterday!

Slime.

Oh, williamalex1, did you get notified of this post?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont get thread post notifications but this morning I got an email about a PM from yesterday and then emails for PMs that I got today hours later.
Think the notifier trigger has gone a bit wonky.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had two notifications since 06.10hrs yesterday!

Slime.

Oh, williamalex1, did you get notified of this post?
I have to access my email account to see notifications, just checked and none for this thread at the moment. I was browsing when i spotted your reply. but i'm having teething problems using my new toy [ a kindle fire ] . So you may receive this reply a few times sorry.:thup:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Does this make sense?

Slime.

Any thoughts from the technical experts?
It's still (not) happening!

Slime.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had a couple miss myself in the moderator reported post section, it turned out to be my spam service had cranked up their sensitivity, they were all in the junk folder. Just a thought.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All mine are going into the spam folder for some reason, best place for them after reading some of them!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't be doing with email notifications - they just clog up my inbox.

I find using the subscribed threads drop down button much better

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My notifications have just started coming through a lot more frequently, as from yesterday evening.
I'll keep my eye on things.

Slime

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My notifications have just started coming through a lot more frequently, as from yesterday evening.
I'll keep my eye on things.

Slime

Mine haven't, just gone through "new posts" and found loads of additional replies to 4 topics I'm subscribed to and not a single notification! Only 1 topic is gong in my spam folder, the others, nothing!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Virtually every GM notification is now going in my spam folder, never had this before so why now?

Is anyone bothered?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm now getting all notifications through ....................... at last, but today I have a different issue!
All GM forum pages only go, at most, ¾ of the way accross the screen!
What's that all about?

Slime.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like this,

TmrSFcA.png
[/IMG]

Slime.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm now getting all notifications through ....................... at last, but today I have a different issue!
All GM forum pages only go, at most, ¾ of the way accross the screen!
What's that all about?

Slime.
Glad you posted that , I was blaming HID for messing about with the settings.:thup: