Point scoring and pointless circular discussions

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think some people decided to remove themselves as they always seemed to be in some form of argument. Shame as they are genuinely nice people in real life but get too hot under the collar on here.
There's been a few down the years that have felt the force of Fragger's Ban Hammer but a lot have gone through choice....
Some have had dual identities or been banned and rejoined under a different name.......just don't get that at all....

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bingo!
I was saying recently for me this place is like going to the pub, chatting about everything and nothing plus taking the P now and again. Sadly some people treat it far too seriously like their in a courtroom or something.

Well I’ve never been barred from a pub. Maybe it’s just the landlord ;-)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I basically treat every discussion on here as banter. Nothing we say here matters - it's the same as shooting the breeze on the golf course with whoever you happen to be grouped with. Consequently I've never had the need to use the ignore function, in fact I find it rather silly. If you don't like what someone is saying, just laugh it off and move on with your life.

I've had full on debates with my mates in person or over WhatsApp, where if it was on here you'd be mistaken for thinking we were having a blazing row, but in actual fact it's meaningless and forgotten within 10 minutes of it ending.
A good attitude but some people will want to be serious on here so just need to be slightly conscious of that

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Bingo!
I was saying recently for me this place is like going to the pub, chatting about everything and nothing plus taking the P now and again. Sadly some people treat it far too seriously like they’re in a courtroom or something.
In a pub you can read the person too though. Can’t on here.

sunshine

Visit site
I think some, including me removed ourselves for our own well being mentally. I know having endured several very difficult years in my working environment it was doing me no good coming on here and a small number taking delight in nit-picking every post to the nth degree. Sadly seems some are still on here doing exactly the same across a host of threads but I decided for my own sanity I was/am better off simply reading offline for the majority of the time

Homer my man, you can't allow a discussion on golf shoes or black socks to affect your mental health. You did the right thing to take a break. Hope things are getting better (y)

D

Deleted member 31467

I don't have anyone on ignore but there are a couple of people I don't interact with. Let's just say they're not my kind of person and leave it at that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good to see the potential roll back thread is following type and pages upon pages of speculation and the same antagonists picking faults with others posts and trying to have the last word. Hilarious when you consider nothing has been announced yet. I know some will say it is "debate" but not sure when you take part quotes or nit pick to the nth degree how that is promoting an open conversation. Sad to see

Swango1980

Visit site
Good to see the potential roll back thread is following type and pages upon pages of speculation and the same antagonists picking faults with others posts and trying to have the last word. Hilarious when you consider nothing has been announced yet. I know some will say it is "debate" but not sure when you take part quotes or nit pick to the nth degree how that is promoting an open conversation. Sad to see
Ironically, are you not just coming onto this thread to have a moan about what others are posting on a separate thread? :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really? I've been following that thread and didn't see anything that bad. Just people with opposing views. I must be desensitised. :LOL:

Swango1980

Visit site
Thought it better to register my thoughts on what a parody of what the forum was and how every thread of note follows a predictable route here than add to the maelstrom on the original
Surely it just primarily became a discussion where some people would like to see reduced length in the game, others see no reason for change and others like to see big hitting golfers? And then people explaining why they have their views, and countering opposing views. That just seems to be taking the form of any regular debate, a common thing on a forum. I didn't really see any nastiness, although must admit that I skipped several posts as they were coming thick and fast.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve literally just read someone’s response picking apart something I said and when you read their post they are agreeing with what I’ve said. 😂

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really? I've been following that thread and didn't see anything that bad. Just people with opposing views. I must be desensitised. :LOL:

Ah but you have forgotten to take into account the history between some posters on this forum. Ironically, acusing someone of point scoring has become the new way of point scoring. :D:D:D

Last edited: