NFL 2020

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was no other player you could honestly give the MVP to. It was an entire defensive effort the same as Super Bowl XXXVII was. Shaq Barrett had eight pressures and a sack but it was the work of Vita Vea inside that caused them all (might have just called that last week). But the Bucs do not get to the playoffs or win without Brady. He's still not as good a Buccaneer No.12 as Doug Williams or Trent Dilfer though ;) Maybe later this year when I get my picture taken with him and the trophies then I might change my mind

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now dust has settled on the Bucs brilliant win (maybe not in Tampa itself!), why do we think it has just worked for them this season. I think I’m right in that early season form was ropey and even PS was saying Brady’s arm was going. Weren’t Tampa 7-5 at one stage? Since then, they’ve won everything! Is it the Brady effect, the defense coach, head coach, all three or unsung personnel on the roster?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Now dust has settled on the Bucs brilliant win (maybe not in Tampa itself!), why do we think it has just worked for them this season. I think I’m right in that early season form was ropey and even PS was saying Brady’s arm was going. Weren’t Tampa 7-5 at one stage? Since then, they’ve won everything! Is it the Brady effect, the defense coach, head coach, all three or unsung personnel on the roster?

Am sure Brady has had some input along the way, watching the Pats, Brady and a Belichek over the years, they always seemed to keep something back for another time. Maybe Brady has picked up a few tips. For me signing Gronk was a massive part of the Jigsaw. He is a big unit. Only seen the highlights and it certainly looked like his arm has not gone. But he was never known for trying to throw it 50,60,70 yds.
Just read there’s a few calls for Brady to be the first ever person To be enrolled into the Hall of fame whilst playing.. Watch this space on that one.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Bucs re-vamped their offensive playbook during the bye week which came at the beginning of December. They put more players in motion which gave Brady the pre-snap reads he was used to in Tampa and used more underneath routes instead of sending 2-3 players vertical on every play. The final four games of the regular season, Minnesota, Detroit and Atlanta twice were cupcakes which gave them the chance to get the momentum. The defensive gameplan against the Saints, Packers and Chiefs was superb and that is what good championship teams do - they adapt in the big games. During the regular season you will play your normal style with only a few tweaks.

Gronk was hardly used during the final seven weeks but the Chiefs decided to almost forget him and cover him with a linebacker. The Bucs saw this during the first quarter on other plays and came back to him later which again is what a good offensive co-ordinator will do. Gronk was no more than about the 15th most important player on that roster in 2020. He's not even the best TE - OJ Howard was until he tore his Achilles in Week 4. And even now, Cameron Brate is a far better receiver.

The Hall of Fame has a five-year waiting list after retirement. That will never change. There are 32 people in charge of the selection each year and I know the Tampa voter, Ira Kaufman, very well as I did his predecessor.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that Brady has now put to bed any thoughts about any other QB being the goat.
The buccs were awesome , enjoy it Sharkey, do you still not like Brady now ?

I'm not massively knowledgeable about NFL but have seen suggestions that Joe Montana is the best QB ever. Would be interested to hear the views of those that know what they're talking about. The two teams I "follow", in inverted commas because it's more look out for their results than follow, are Miami Dolphins as they had Dan Marino when I first started watching, and Chicago Bears as they had William "The Fridge" Perry.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No regrets about not going - I accepted the fact I was not allowed to travel from the outset.

Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks - Brady and Montana are on there without question. I would actually have Marino and Elway in my four leaving out Peyton Manning with close behind would be the likes of Otto Graham.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No regrets about not going - I accepted the fact I was not allowed to travel from the outset.

Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks - Brady and Montana are on there without question. I would actually have Marino and Elway in my four leaving out Peyton Manning with close behind would be the likes of Otto Graham.
How good was Troy Aikman at his peak, in your opinion?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There was no other player you could honestly give the MVP to. It was an entire defensive effort the same as Super Bowl XXXVII was. Shaq Barrett had eight pressures and a sack but it was the work of Vita Vea inside that caused them all (might have just called that last week). But the Bucs do not get to the playoffs or win without Brady. He's still not as good a Buccaneer No.12 as Doug Williams or Trent Dilfer though ;) Maybe later this year when I get my picture taken with him and the trophies then I might change my mind
Just shows you that even the best QB's can't perform if you can get pressure on them with just 4 (particularly if it's in their face) and drop the rest into coverage, doubling Hill with a corner & a safety and letting White & David take Kelce.
It helped that Fisher was out but that's why you need all 53 players.
It's pretty much what the Giants did to Brady twice in previous Super Bowls.
I still couldn't believe that the KC DB's just continued holding the receivers even when they knew that the officials were being strict on it (I do not like Mathieu - he's got a very punchable face).
Even being a Phins fan, I don't really dislike Brady.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just shows you that even the best QB's can't perform if you can get pressure on them with just 4 (particularly if it's in their face) and drop the rest into coverage, doubling Hill with a corner & a safety and letting White & David take Kelce.
It helped that Fisher was out but that's why you need all 53 players.
It's pretty much what the Giants did to Brady twice in previous Super Bowls.
I still couldn't believe that the KC DB's just continued holding the receivers even when they knew that the officials were being strict on it (I do not like Mathieu - he's got a very punchable face).
Even being a Phins fan, I don't really dislike Brady.

This was part of my thought process in tipping Tampa to win, as much as KC were favourites to win because of there Offence. For me it was a defence that had conceded far to many points throughout the season. Tampa were slowly building up to there peak. It was down to who could fire up there defence. Same way as the Giants did v the Patriots.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The stanley cup is a bit of a beast in size. Maybe flick the ashes across instead.

I know the German Cup fell of a bus once when Schalke won it. In my opinion they should have taken away the cup and stripped it from their records. But they are the team I hate the most anyway.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That was the real trophy that Brady through over the Bay. A friend of mine from Channel 8 TV was right there next to them. If that had been Jameis Winston, it would have been intercepted by a manatee.

My Dad's claim to fame is throwing up in the FA Cup at the 1961 celebrations after they had done the double. He was in the reserves but at the party and was handed the trophy and let fly. Bill Nicholson fined him a week's wages but apparently the senior players covered it for him.