2021 NFL Season

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The MVP was always coming to down to Rodgers or Brady. Kupp won the triple crown for receiving but MVP will always be a QB now. Rodgers was more important to the Packers than Brady was to the Bucs so he won. Even as a Tampa Bay Bucs writer, I agreed with the decision. Burrow was never in contention for it. The Bengals are the epitomy of an average team who got the breaks in the past six weeks and are now in the Super Bowl. There have been many teams like that over the years.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My Super Bowl prediction was 33-13 Rams. I was on a Vegas radio station this week and they called it "The prediction from furthest away". More likely the prediction that will be furthest away.

I did call Super Bowl XX as the Bears by 30+. I was at the Video Cafe that night at a Channel 4 party and Michael Brandon (Dempsey and Makepeace) ended up losing a beer to me over that one.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
QB’s should be banned from any and all MVP votes. The ball is in their hands every play so of course they get to influence play more than all other positions. So few non QB’s have won it and it irks me. They’re overprotected on field too.

Rodgers didn’t deserve it for me. No QB does.

Kupp
Chase
Donald
Taylor
Samuel

Players who week in week out play brilliantly and change games.

Last edited:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Snyder is a just a complete and utter tool. The fact that he employed Bruce Allen as his GM for years was bad enough. All the Washington fans hate Snyder, all the players who have left speak badly about him, the media hate him. The NFL won't be able to force him out but he has been sitting on the naughty step at owners' meetings for so long, it has his name engraved on it.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
QB’s should be banned from any and all MVP votes. The ball is in their hands every play so of course they get to influence play more than all other positions. So few non QB’s have won it and it irks me. They’re overprotected on field too.

Rodgers didn’t deserve it for me. No QB does.

Kupp
Chase
Donald
Taylor
Samuel

Players who week in week out play brilliantly and change games.

The award is entitled "MOST VALUABLE PLAYER". By its very description, a QB is always going to be the most valuable.
But consider in the strike-shortened 1982 season, a kicker won it. Mark Moseley of the then-Redskins went 20 for 21 on fieldgoals and somehow got given the award. Better than Joe Theismann getting it though.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
At least it looks like there's a 'game on' now!
Edit: And injury to key player Beckham could well be a key event!

Last edited:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watched the "Game-in-40" this morning on NFL Game Pass. If the Bengals had won after that missed call on Jalen Ramsay, it would have been a travesty. I am so pleased for Raheem Morris, the Rams' DC. I got to know him well when he was head coach of the Bucs from 2009-11. He is one of the nicest human beings alive. I hope he gets a head coaching job again one day.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
So disappointed, I used to watch a bit of this years ago on Channel 4 and so chose a team to support. At the time I used to like the comedy show about a radio station; WKRP in Cincinnati, so I chose the Bengals. They've been Tom Kite in all the years since but when I saw that they'd made the Superbowl I got a bit excited, oh well.