New lockdown will courses close?

D

Deleted member 15344

Scotland seems to have a plan, unlike Boris for England.

Plan for what ?

We still have just under 2 weeks to go , it’s already been said that areas will go back into their tier once lockdown finishes and the rules that comes with those tiers

Tomorrow there is going to be further instructions on any updated restrictions within the various tiers mainly in regards indoors etc

Right now from the 3rd Dec we will be back to how we were before whilst playing golf - the clubhouse opening etc will be determined by the tier your area is in
Even tier 3 would be open just 2 balls so there is hope

Why just 2balls ? All tiers allow up to 6 to mix outdoors

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I went to B&Q yesterday, big mistake. It was absoluyely rammed, it took me 20 minutes to get out of the car park.

Went and walked the course this afternnon with the dog. It looks quite tidy and of course it was completely empty.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plan for what ?

We still have just under 2 weeks to go , it’s already been said that areas will go back into their tier once lockdown finishes and the rules that comes with those tiers

Tomorrow there is going to be further instructions on any updated restrictions within the various tiers mainly in regards indoors etc

Right now from the 3rd Dec we will be back to how we were before whilst playing golf - the clubhouse opening etc will be determined by the tier your area is in

Why just 2balls ? All tiers allow up to 6 to mix outdoors

I miss remembered I thought tier 3 was when you could meet in group of 6 outside but only 2 households

Bit confused why my club mentioned it twice now that they don't no if two or four balls

Maybe from the first lockdown

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I went to B&Q yesterday, big mistake. It was absoluyely rammed, it took me 20 minutes to get out of the car park.

Went and walked the course this afternnon with the dog. It looks quite tidy and of course it was completely empty.

HID wen to get petrol at the local Sainsbury's around 10.15 and queueing out of the car park and onto the roundabout gridlocking everything. People were snaking across half the car par so I would suggest a good 150-200 people waiting to get in at the start of trading plus all those still in the cars. What lockdown?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
HID wen to get petrol at the local Sainsbury's around 10.15 and queueing out of the car park and onto the roundabout gridlocking everything. People were snaking across half the car par so I would suggest a good 150-200 people waiting to get in at the start of trading plus all those still in the cars. What lockdown?
Exactly. Pubs and Golf Courses it seems.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't be surprised to see changes to the tiers, making them tougher than before.

That’s what the announcement will be tomorrow - tougher restrictions on indoors and pubs

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
My understanding is we are out of lockdown on the 2nd (Wednesday 00.01am). So golf on Wednesday.

The news said today that we'll be subject to new rules in the tier system from the 2nd. Some think that means we'll be back playing golf Thursday!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My understanding is we are out of lockdown on the 2nd (Wednesday 00.01am). So golf on Wednesday.

The news said today that we'll be subject to new rules in the tier system from the 2nd. Some think that means we'll be back playing golf Thursday!!!
Current restrictions are in operation up to and including 2nd December...so back to golf on the 3rd..hopefully

D

Deleted member 15344

Restrictions up to and including 2nd Dec so Thursday will be the earliest

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Restrictions up to and including 2nd Dec so Thursday will be the earliest
Can you show me your info please as need to make plans if what I'm seeing is wrong

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122-170914.png
    Screenshot_20201122-170914.png
    548.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20201122-170738.png
    Screenshot_20201122-170738.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 35