New Head Greenkeeper

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
Not saying that at all but new blood, new ideas, etc as I said above.
Our course this year has been excellent but I'm still keen to see what improvements he can bring.

Really looking forward to the fresh ideas and improvements that will be made to what is already an outstanding course.

Exciting time to be a member of ERGC Robster! :cool:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a good course but not sure what he can do about the drainage issues, it's been a good year for all clubs but now the weather has turned it's back to soggy fairways and slow bumpy greens.

Canny beat a Links course

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Funny we were just talking about this yesterday, we all agreed the thought of playing in howling winds for ten months a year was of no appeal to any of us.

You are reading to much into it Old Yin, it’s not windy all the time. I would rather have the wind than water 💦 logged fairways and slow bumpy greens, let’s face it it’s that time of year again when parkland golf is not worth playing till around late April, however I must say I was very impressed with how good the conditions were on the PGA yesterday, greens were like that of a billiard table and the fairways were lush

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
On paper it sounds like a very good appointment. I assume (possibly wrongly) that he is originally from the Glasgow area and is looking to move back?

I like East Renfrewshire but don't think its quite as good as some like to make it out to be. Its a very well run club so hopefully the committee leave the guy alone to concentrate on what he does best.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
You are reading to much into it Old Yin, it’s not windy all the time. I would rather have the wind than water 💦 logged fairways and slow bumpy greens, let’s face it it’s that time of year again when parkland golf is not worth playing till around late April, however I must say I was very impressed with how good the conditions were on the PGA yesterday, greens were like that of a billiard table and the fairways were lush

It's been windy for months, if that's your bag, then you're welcome to it, as for winter golf.....it's winter golf.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep it’s winter golf that’s for sure, not looking good today and just about to leave for a team game at Ladybank. I just hope the forecast is wrong 💦💦☔️☔️

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
hammering it down here at the moment, forecast was supposed to be good for today, have been invited for a game at Skibo. looks like will be a round in waterproofs, first time in a while:(

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
On paper it sounds like a very good appointment. I assume (possibly wrongly) that he is originally from the Glasgow area and is looking to move back?

I like East Renfrewshire but don't think its quite as good as some like to make it out to be. Its a very well run club so hopefully the committee leave the guy alone to concentrate on what he does best.

He's from Gourock m8, was at Cowal for a few years then moved on. Nice guy.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
hammering it down here at the moment, forecast was supposed to be good for today, have been invited for a game at Skibo. looks like will be a round in waterproofs, first time in a while:(

Light rain ☔️ at Ladybank but looking forward to it, great course so can live with a bit of rain. Enjoy Skibo let us know how bad the fire 🔥 was

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
house is a a fair way away from the golf course, i don't think you can even see it from there.

Club house, its pretty nice though it does just look like a shed from outside.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is great when you get a really good Course Manager? Head Green keeper the trouble is keeping them.

Ours has just gone through one of the hardest periods for any of them and what he has managed to achieve in that time makes me really hope we have a 'keeper'.