New Head Greenkeeper

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just an update on this. Our new head greenkeeper has been an excellent appointment. Amongst the changes he's done are
  • Completely refurbished all the bunkers on our third
  • Done the same to a troublesome bunker on the tenth
  • Defined and shaped the rough to give the holes definition and character
  • Added new paths to the side of the holes with artificial turf
  • Worked on the greens to they are in superb condition and a joy to putt on
  • Provides almost daily updates on Twitter and Facebook
  • Does a fortnightly course update for the members (which he signs From The Greenstaff, not himself, a nice touch)
  • Fully engaged the green staff, asked them for their input and really made them feel like they contribute to the course (I've chatted with a few of them separately about this)
  • Had full backing from the members to a £50 levy this year for additional course work
  • Plus lots more
The members are delighted and everyone I speak to is loving the changes.
He is a perfectionist so he has lots more he would like to do hence the levy, but at £1 per week per member I'm sure it will be money well spent.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agreed Stephen- it’s been an excellent appointment and things only going to get better. Everyone I have spoken to; members and visitors have been full of superlatives on the condition this year.

RW1986

Head Pro
Visit site
Seems like an excellent appointment. Also just looked on your website to see £10 guest fee! Wish our club would follow this. Our club is a ridiculous £72 last time I checked and that's just midweek. Over £100 for weekend.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Seems like an excellent appointment. Also just looked on your website to see £10 guest fee! Wish our club would follow this. Our club is a ridiculous £72 last time I checked and that's just midweek. Over £100 for weekend.
That's guest with a member. Visitors not with a member pay more. In fact by agreeing to the £50 levy each member can take on up to 5 guests for free.
The club has a whole raft of members benefits including discounts and reciprocal deals with other clubs.
When you see what's happening at other clubs in the area I am glad we were so forward thinking.