New Callaway BB Epic

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Just read the link, looks like classic marketing bumph to me. Less deflection of the head at impact? I've seen loads of HD slo mo footage of balls being hit and I have NEVER noticed any deflection in the clubhead. The balls are relatively soft compared to the club and that is the thing that distorts.

As amateurs we could hit a dozen drives and due to the inconsistency of strike there may be 20 or more yards difference between them. If somebody wants to spend £400 every couple of years to gain 5 yards then good luck to them.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks pretty saucy - would love to put it up against some of the other decent offerings at the moment but not sure I can make that happen...

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the Rick Shiels review earlier, he likes it. In fact, he hit 4 dead straight drives with it.

However, for almost £500, I think not.

Looking forward to the yearly Callaway Kings of Distance where we might have a chance to try it out.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best review I've seen so far is the GBB Epic vs the GBB it is replacing with the masked pro, and the old one smokes the new Epic...

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks nice
Mark Crossfield has also done a review and it doesn't even come in on his usual numbers and he is Mr Consistent.

As in all his vids now he suggest getting CF.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks nice
Mark Crossfield has also done a review and it doesn't even come in on his usual numbers and he is Mr Consistent.

As in all his vids now he suggest getting CF.

He has now posted the Sub Zero model and his distances are now at his top end. But still nothing outstanding that screams go and buy it

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
He has now posted the Sub Zero model and his distances are now at his top end. But still nothing outstanding that screams go and buy it

there's simply no more technology that can be put into a club in terms of distance.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
[video=youtube;Zn8DMXjRMLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn8DMXjRMLY[/video]
Thanks for that but I don't click on links and it's deffo not on his Youtube channel so I'll just have to wait.

Its on golfonline's channel

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
BLIMEY!!!

I've got to have one of these!

"The main update to talk about is Callaway’s new Jailbreak Technology"

Huh????
Should these clubs be kept away from badlanders?
Certainly doesn't sound like anything golf related.

"The aerospace-grade titanium Exo-cage head now features Callaway’s lightest ever triaxial carbon crown (just 9.7g) and sole (5.8g) pushing more weight to the edges for a higher MOI and more forgiveness, with 17g of adjustable weight in the back of the head offering up to 21 yards of shot-shaping control."

Wowee!
Up to 21 yards of shot shaping control, does that mean my slice or hook will deviate by a maximum of 21 yards???

"The Sub Zero model promises more forgiveness than ever from a low-spinning, tour-style driver courtesy of a head design in which 50% of the surface area is triaxial carbon. Interchangeable front and rear 2g and 12g weights manipulate spin rates by up to 250rpm, and crucially allow for an MOI that is 42% higher than in Big Bertha Alpha 816 with the 12g weight in the rear position."

Now that is what I call WELL CRUCIAL.

From Callaway's site - "Streamlined head incorporates our proprietary Speed Step, created with direct input from aerospace experts, to improve airflow for more swing speed and distance."

Zoooomungous!

The whole package adds up to a Great Big Mega Huge Bertha Busting Epic Incredible piece of marketing.

On second thoughts, it's not for me.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a bash off it, if it was noticeably longer and straighter than my current driver they could call it the Callaway Piddle Stain with Dribble Control for all I care.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sold! :mad:

CallyDrivers2017.jpg

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are all much of a muchness now, all manufacturers come out with a higher spinning forgiving model and a lower spinning 'players model' but comparing the equivalent models they are all similar and perform very well so it's what suits your eye and feel. That does not look great to me but sure it will sell well with the Rory factor.