Wilson's new woods

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks like Wilson have finally got it right on the woods, hybrids
New releases are getting great feedback and reviews
Talk Kisner will play the new driver, if they finally have a pro playing the driver on tour it will be a big boost
Price is obviously high enough but still much better than the big brands so may be clubs that people will start looking at
I owned Wilson fg tour irons about 12 years ago, the original model. They were super clubs
It's a brand that is improving a lot recently, irons always been good but woods and putters not popular. Haven't seen their new putters but they also look quality
And the Balls have seemed to really improve also.
Definitely a place in the market for better value options that still perform to a high level. Recent pricing of the bigger brands has been crazy in my opinion

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Looks like Wilson have finally got it right on the woods, hybrids
New releases are getting great feedback and reviews
Talk Kisner will play the new driver, if they finally have a pro playing the driver on tour it will be a big boost
Price is obviously high enough but still much better than the big brands so may be clubs that people will start looking at
I owned Wilson fg tour irons about 12 years ago, the original model. They were super clubs
It's a brand that is improving a lot recently, irons always been good but woods and putters not popular. Haven't seen their new putters but they also look quality
And the Balls have seemed to really improve also.
Definitely a place in the market for better value options that still perform to a high level. Recent pricing of the bigger brands has been crazy in my opinion
I like Wilson irons. I have owned Langer, 1200GE, FG Tour V2, V4(n)FG62 (too hard) and Staff Model Blade(y)(y).
I've owned a couple of their putters, an Infinite which I hated and the milled 8802 which I loved.
I like Wilson Staff equipment a lot and always wanted to try one of their drivers. They appear to try too hard being innovative but I was really put off by the terrible noise they make, almost as bad as the Cleveland Hi-bore.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
By a long stretch I'm not an equipment freak. But the 8802 is a thing of beauty. ? New driver looks nice, name is a little naff though!

Wilson_Staff_Model_8802_Golf_Putter_6_720x.jpg

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Last Wilson club I had was a Deep Red Fat Shaft.

Worked great for a few weeks until the head came off. Which was replaced under warranty. And the head came off that one and I got a refund.

Hope they have better epoxy now.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's probably getting to the point where you'd be able to play a full bag from Wilson without feeling one area or club was dragging you down.

I've been talking about changing my irons with almost 2 years but still haven't done it. Wilson will definitely be a consideration when I do. The D9 forged look a good option to try out

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've got multiple W/S clubs in the bag, D7 3 wood, 4 hybrid and D9 irons 5-AW

Cannot fault the performance of any of them and the prices are far lower than the market leaders - what's not to like?

I would love to be good enough to play the Wilson Staff Model CB irons... thing of beauty

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Old thread I started couple months ago. The feedback online since has been impressive.
Still haven't seen the clubs myself but the driver seems to be really good and obviously the big plus is price

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
During those overlapping years of wooden to metal woods, Wilson were very popular and big sellers.
There was a wooden, a graphite and a metal version of the Whale Driver that were both huge sellers.
I had the Wilson Ultra Firestick driver and 3-wood. They sold in huge numbers. There was another popular driver around that time called the Bazooka.

I have a really lovely set of Wilson 4300 persimmon woods 1,3,4,5 and Fluid Feel irons - 1-iron and 3-SW. (one club too many and something has to be left out)

Last edited: