What do you make of Rahm moving to Callaway?

D

Deleted member 1147

Good question!

I have always disliked their marketing style, I find it far too brash and “in your face”. It started around the time Big Phil was hitting drivers across fountains in Las Vegas. It just seemed way too much.

I have also really disliked their design and aesthetics, I just don’t like the way they look in general.

Of all the brands I feel they are the ones who rely on marketing above anything else and don’t fit the image I would like golf to have. I feel the same way about TaylorMade but they don’t go to the same lengths as Callaway.

I think golf is better off with brands like Srixon, Mizuno, Ecco, Cleveland and Ping to name a few. They don’t go as OTT as Callaway and that suits me better.

I have tried the clubs once or twice but I know I wouldn’t get on with them. I am sure they are as functional as others but to me it’s a big No when it comes to buying.
I had an FT5 driver years ago, which looked lovely behind the ball, as does the new Mavrik.
I hit the FT5 really well and am going to try the Mavrik this year, when I get new woods.

D

Deleted member 1147

go for the new Epic speed James, it’s a nice improvement over the Mavrik, far more consistent.
Cheers
Ill try everything that all the manufacturers have and decide on the best, which is what I did with my irons

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I haven't seen any press releases, but looking at the above, I am guessing the Apex Pro will be Callaways version of foam filled garbage. They all sound horrible.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think moving from TM to Cally is not that big a move. Each tries to mirror the others product lines. The biggest disasters are when someone moves to a niche company with some weird looking kit which has some theoretical technical benefit, or from cavity backs to something uber traditional like a blade. TM has a lot of big names, Cally has fewer now that Phil Mick is fading out of the picture. Xander Schaufelle is the next biggest name.

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
One of my playing partners has the original TM ones, and they sound like plastic toy clubs, another has the Mizuno hollow/foam whatever irons, and they are just as bad. Not for me.

D

Deleted member 1147

One of my playing partners has the original TM ones, and they sound like plastic toy clubs, another has the Mizuno hollow/foam whatever irons, and they are just as bad. Not for me.
I have the Mizuno 4 iron and Ping 2 iron. They don’t seem to make much noise when hit out of the middle. There is bit of a thud when hit from the clubface’s outer limits.