New Callaway BB Epic

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am interested, but...

If the coeffeficient of restitution of the face is limited, as in how fast can the ball come off the face for a given impact speed, then if the two linkages do anything to increase this, the face effect would have to be reduced to compensate.

It won't make any difference. It can't.

I like new things though.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the Rick Shiels review earlier, he likes it. In fact, he hit 4 dead straight drives with it.

However, for almost £500, I think not.

Looking forward to the yearly Callaway Kings of Distance where we might have a chance to try it out.

I have never seen him review a club where he is not purring.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It is a nice looking club, but then i used to like the xtreme too. That said, what ever shaft Crossfield was using was clearly the stock option, with the matching paint job. It will look more messy with a different shaft in it.

On a similar note, my Nike vapor fly, in photo blue and volt looked bad enough with the stock blue and black Tensei, but now i have my gold and red Oban, with red grip it looks worse. My friends refer to it as 12 year old Megans colouring project. I have no idea who Megan is.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sold! :mad:

CallyDrivers2017.jpg

Too consistent for my liking:D

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like Joel's review. Gonna watch the RS review now.

The drivers look nice. Let's face it, if your in the market for a new big dog and you have the dosh to spend, go try them all (TM, 917, Epic etc etc), love every minute of it and get the best one.....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On a similar note, my Nike vapor fly, in photo blue and volt looked bad enough with the stock blue and black Tensei, but now i have my gold and red Oban, with red grip it looks worse. My friends refer to it as 12 year old Megans colouring project. I have no idea who Megan is.

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person to think the Nike blue drivers look good :mad:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, got that :)

I still wonder how they come to get a launch angle of 8*. With a 10* Driver that's a downward strike.

I'd hazard a guess that most hit down with the driver.

I seem to remember the average on the PGA tour is something like 1.5° down.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Didn't they just release the big bertha fusion?

I mean do people seriously buy this stuff. Callaway seem like they are taking the piss amount of product lines they bring out. This epic driver will be old tech by end of this season.