New Bargains Thread

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
AG's stock control has always been rubbish. My mate was a manager many moons ago and the stuff we got for free was amazing.
Back in the day I went for a job at the AG at Bird Hills (Maidenhead). As well as their own brands Wilson had one of the biggest mark ups and sales guys were told to push those as hard as possible. Even then, stock control was poor but it was the commission numbers that was a deal breaker and you had to push so much stuff to meet targets and you were left with a feeling you weren't catering for golfers needs but merely following the corporate line to make your numbers

HeftyHacker

Visit site
AG's stock control has always been rubbish. My mate was a manager many moons ago and the stuff we got for free was amazing.

Lad from work said the same, on his mates last day at the local AG store he told the lad from work to come down and pick up a few bits. When he arrived his mate told him to reverse the car up to the service door at the back. He left with a boot full of clothes and shoes that were all orders or returns that were never collected or processed.

Madness really, lad from work said he didn't unbox any of it for ages as he was expecting some blowback from it but his mate still knocks about with the lads from the store and nothing has ever been mentioned - so it's not even like he just cut and run.

Springveldt

Visit site
Clearance event at https://eu.callawaygolfpreowned.com/

Just got TWO "Like New" Jaws Full Toe Raw Wedges for £99 !
(And im sure "Like New" pretty much means brand new except they maybe have the labels off)
They will be brand new. I got 2 of the same wedges in black last month for £104 delivered and one of them still had the sticker on the face, I think they were classed as "very good".

edit: Wish I hadn't looked, I'm now the proud owner of a Callaway Epic Speed driver in "very good" condition for £107 delivered.

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site
Thanks for that....I think

Some great prices on there today mind, several items ordered, wallet much lighter
Yeah, prices are mental on some stuff when they do deals like this. Over the last few months I've now replaced my driver, 3 wood, putter and 2 wedges for about £430 in total and they were all basically brand new. (I'm assuming the driver will be the same condition as all the other stuff I've bought). I also got 2 hybrids a couple of years ago from there, only my irons are now not Callaway.

I've took a gamble on the driver and went with an x-stiff shaft, they had stiff shafts as well but since my swing speed is probably on the threshold between stiff and x-stiff and I've got a fast transition I thought it was worth a try. If it doesn't work out I can always just use my current shaft since I've got an Epic Flash driver with a stiff shaft that I've used for 4.5 years now. Just wish the Epic Speed Max LS was in the sale but I think they had low stock of that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, prices are mental on some stuff when they do deals like this. Over the last few months I've now replaced my driver, 3 wood, putter and 2 wedges for about £430 in total and they were all basically brand new. (I'm assuming the driver will be the same condition as all the other stuff I've bought). I also got 2 hybrids a couple of years ago from there, only my irons are now not Callaway.

I've took a gamble on the driver and went with an x-stiff shaft, they had stiff shafts as well but since my swing speed is probably on the threshold between stiff and x-stiff and I've got a fast transition I thought it was worth a try. If it doesn't work out I can always just use my current shaft since I've got an Epic Flash driver with a stiff shaft that I've used for 4.5 years now. Just wish the Epic Speed Max LS was in the sale but I think they had low stock of that.
Extra incentive to keep that speed-training up, good thinking. It's like when women buy their wedding dresses one size too small. 😁

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the Callaway heads up. My dad has just got a Mavrik driver to replace his completely rubbish 20 year old Slazenger one, from Sports Direct. He'll still probably struggle to hit the ball but at least now it will go a bit further :)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
New model Golfbuddy L12 rangefinder. On offer in Costco for £149 + VAT. Just released and retails for £299 elsewhere.

Slope feature switches on/off and very quick to pick up objects. Not had a chance to use in earnest yet but mate bought one in the US last month and is very happy with it replacing his old Bushnell.

Springveldt

Visit site
Driver arrived this morning and as expected it is nearly flawless. There is a tiny bit of bag rub on the shaft and that was all I could see, the head is spotless. Also came with a new headcover and a new torx tool as well.

Delighted for £107 delivered.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Driver arrived this morning and as expected it is nearly flawless. There is a tiny bit of bag rub on the shaft and that was all I could see, the head is spotless. Also came with a new headcover and a new torx tool as well.

Had a look on there at the weekend for a new driver as mine has developed a dreadful rattle and I thought it was on it's last legs.

Some real bargains, but unfortunately not the ones I'd be most interested in (i.e. the most forgiving ones).

Fortunately I managed to fix the rattle this morning - the weight had come a little bit loose, so panic over.

Springveldt

Visit site
Had a look on there at the weekend for a new driver as mine has developed a dreadful rattle and I thought it was on it's last legs.

Some real bargains, but unfortunately not the ones I'd be most interested in (i.e. the most forgiving ones).

Fortunately I managed to fix the rattle this morning - the weight had come a little bit loose, so panic over.
If it's the screw that attaches the head to the adapter then make sure you tighten it until you hear a click. I remember making the mistake the first time I adjusted a driver, I just hand tightened it as I thought I might break something if I overtightened it. Same thing happened a few rounds later, head was rattling as the screw was working itself loose.

As for the Callaway site, I find the good stuff goes really quick so you need to get in straight away if you want a choice on something. I think a lot of people jump on the sale to resell them on eBay.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If it's the screw that attaches the head to the adapter then make sure you tighten it until you hear a click. I remember making the mistake the first time I adjusted a driver, I just hand tightened it as I thought I might break something if I overtightened it. Same thing happened a few rounds later, head was rattling as the screw was working itself loose.

As for the Callaway site, I find the good stuff goes really quick so you need to get in straight away if you want a choice on something. I think a lot of people jump on the sale to resell them on eBay.
No, there's a fixed weight on the side of the club head, designed to promote a draw, that's what had worked loose.

Think you're right about the Callaway site. If I was a left handed lady, I could have a field day.

The Fader

Visit site

I ordered an "as new" Epic Speed today. Hope the condition is as good as yours!🤞

Also bought 3 Rogue ST Max OS hybrids. 2 "as new" and 1 "very good" with 10% off as a new customer.

The 14 day trial removes the risk of not getting fitted.

Note to self - stop following links on this thread!!