New App I just came across...

HSCLARKE87

Visit site
Evening all

Very new to this, and Golf at that matter so please forgive me but Ive been looking for a decent way of tracking and storing my golf scores and a friend mentioned this new App: my golf scores on the iTunes app store.

Just wondered if anyone here has used it? Says it calculates Stableford points as well so was gonna download and give it a go as seem to be struggling with this on a regular basis ( As I said I'm new to the game but I'm sure it will become a little more familiar the more I play )

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not heard of it but there's loads of apps that do that. I have Hole 19 and VPAR on my phone. Each one is better for different things hence why I keep both, but Hole 19 is the one I tend to use out on the course. They give GPS map and yardage for each hole as well.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome along to the forum. A pencil and scorecard work really well but failing that if you need a 'better' way I have found Golfshake to be pretty user friendly, its not something I use on the course but during the playing season I upload my scores post round

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Welcome along to the forum. A pencil and scorecard work really well but failing that if you need a 'better' way I have found Golfshake to be pretty user friendly, its not something I use on the course but during the playing season I upload my scores post round

I used to do an Excel Spreadsheet, easy enough to add in the formulas to calculate Fairways hit, GIR number of putts etc

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't need an "App" to calculate Stableford points.

If you want to save scores and produce stats, then I would recommend Scoresaver2. Free, on line, easy to use, comprehensive stats and it even copes with lefties ...

HSCLARKE87

Visit site
Thanks for replies guys :)

I have seen a few but not really interested in the Online Programmes, kind of liked the idea of just opening the App and entering my scores. Means I can turn everything else of on the phone and not be interrupted ;-)

Will see how it goes when I start using it more ( Typical English Weather ) but seems like it will help me and I like to know how I am doing

With the Stableford scoring, I hopefully won't need an App to calculate it for ever but the more I can concentrate on the actual golf and not feel any pressure to make sure the Stable-ford points are correct the better ( a couple of mis haps in a few of my first competitions, playing partner wasn't best pleased but we all have to learn sooner or later )

Thanks Again

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
...... kind of liked the idea of just opening the App and entering my scores. Means I can turn everything else of on the phone and not be interrupted....

With the Stableford scoring, I hopefully won't need an App to calculate it ........

Strangely enough, you don't need a phone to enter your scores and you certainly won't be interrupting yourself or anyone else for that matter if it's turned off or, better still, left somewhere off course. There is a fantastic idea being trialed at the moment. I think that it's called a scorecard. All you need is a pencil or pen, a good memory to recall how many shots you and your fellow competitor have taken on a hole, and the ability to put said scribbling stick to good use. In a comp, you don't even have to enter the Stableford points :eek:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for replies guys :)

I have seen a few but not really interested in the Online Programmes, kind of liked the idea of just opening the App and entering my scores. Means I can turn everything else of on the phone and not be interrupted ;-)

Will see how it goes when I start using it more ( Typical English Weather ) but seems like it will help me and I like to know how I am doing

With the Stableford scoring, I hopefully won't need an App to calculate it for ever but the more I can concentrate on the actual golf and not feel any pressure to make sure the Stable-ford points are correct the better ( a couple of mis haps in a few of my first competitions, playing partner wasn't best pleased but we all have to learn sooner or later )

Thanks Again
i'd have told your playing partner to 'do-one'. there is no requirement to right down stableford points on the card anyway

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
i'd have told your playing partner to 'do-one'. there is no requirement to right down stableford points on the card anyway

When you ask someone their score for a hole and they reply “four for two” tell them you only need their gross score, not their football teams formation for tomorrow’s match.

HSCLARKE87

Visit site
Don't worry I'm not trying to encourage you to use it....

This is effectively a scorecard but just on a phone. And better yet, it lets m look back and compare how I am getting on. And in regards to the Stableford points, I know you don't need to do it in a Competition but why not get to grips with it? Seems as good a time as ever when competing against others ...

Anyways, it seems to be doing a good job, obviously not going to be everyones taste but still, definitely going to benefit the average new golfer in my opinion. Will definitely be suggesting it to my playing partners.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't worry I'm not trying to encourage you to use it....

This is effectively a scorecard but just on a phone. And better yet, it lets m look back and compare how I am getting on. And in regards to the Stableford points, I know you don't need to do it in a Competition but why not get to grips with it? Seems as good a time as ever when competing against others ...

Anyways, it seems to be doing a good job, obviously not going to be everyones taste but still, definitely going to benefit the average new golfer in my opinion. Will definitely be suggesting it to my playing partners.
I feel like this is going to do the opposite. If you're struggling to work out Stableford points, then using an app that works it all out for you means you're not going to learn doesn't it?