New App I just came across...

HSCLARKE87

Visit site
I feel like this is going to do the opposite. If you're struggling to work out Stableford points, then using an app that works it all out for you means you're not going to learn doesn't it?

I guess you could look at it this way, but having something correct to refer to, to make sure all is correct will in turn help me know I’m getting it spot on.

As as I said, hopefully won’t need this stableford help for too long but when you are new to it and never scored in that way, it won’t do me any harm 👍

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Slightly off topic.

But if you want to get better at scoring for stableford there are some little tips you can do to make it easier.

Before you tee off, work out which holes your partner gets shots on, and mark the holes accordingly. So 1 slash for one shot 2 slashes for two shots. This saves you having to work it out on the actual hole.

So for instance if your playing partner is off 22, the holes with SI 1, 2, 3 and 4 get two dashes and 5-18 get one dash.

If you are struggling don't try and calculate points straight from the gross score. When I was a junior and was starting out, my score went into the markers score, partners gross score into Player A; partners net score into Player C then points into points column.

As you have already marked how many shots they get on each hole the net score is easy to work out, just gross minus how many slashes you have put down. Now you can easily calculate the net score, the stableford points are also easy to work out as it just a simple comparison to par

HSCLARKE87

Visit site
Slightly off topic.

But if you want to get better at scoring for stableford there are some little tips you can do to make it easier.

Before you tee off, work out which holes your partner gets shots on, and mark the holes accordingly. So 1 slash for one shot 2 slashes for two shots. This saves you having to work it out on the actual hole.

So for instance if your playing partner is off 22, the holes with SI 1, 2, 3 and 4 get two dashes and 5-18 get one dash.

If you are struggling don't try and calculate points straight from the gross score. When I was a junior and was starting out, my score went into the markers score, partners gross score into Player A; partners net score into Player C then points into points column.

As you have already marked how many shots they get on each hole the net score is easy to work out, just gross minus how many slashes you have put down. Now you can easily calculate the net score, the stableford points are also easy to work out as it just a simple comparison to par

Thank you for the advice :)