Na v Dj

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
From the Official Guide to the Rules of Golf,
(1) Referees in Match Play

In match play, a referee’s duties and authority depend on his or her assigned role:
  • When Assigned to One Match for Entire Round. As the referee is with the match throughout the round, he or she is responsible for acting on any breach of the Rules that he or she sees or is told about (see Rule 20.1b(1) and the definition of “referee ”).
  • When Assigned to Multiple Matches or to Certain Holes or Sections of the Course. As the referee is not assigned to accompany the match throughout the round, he or she should avoid becoming involved in a match unless:
    • A player in a match asks for help with the Rules or requests a ruling (see Rule 20.1b(2)). When making a ruling at the request of a player, the referee should always confirm that the request for the ruling was made in time (see Rules 20.1b(2) and 20.1b(3)).
    • A player or players in a match may be in breach of Rule 1.2b (Code of Conduct), Rule 1.3b(1) (Two or More Players Deliberately Agreeing to Ignore any Rule or Penalty they Know Applies), Rule 5.6a (Unreasonable Delay of Play) or Rule 5.6b (Prompt Pace of Play).
    • A player arrives late to his or her first tee (see Rule 5.3).
    • A player’s search for a ball reaches three minutes (see Rule 5.6a and definition of “lost ”).

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
They do indeed ..... and I've been allocated to the Scottish Boys Amateur Championship this year. :eek:
I've given our executive notice that I'm not working this year but they've asked me to stand by for the county strokeplay and matchplay championships.