My hole in one!! How did you get yours?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just wondering how many golfers here got a hole in one. I am one of the priviledged(my pals say lucky) ones. Anyone fancy sharing their story please do so.

1st October 2007.
Its was the 12th at the Darly, in Troon, I was playing with my friend when I hit a 6 iron straight and right into the sun where I lost the ball. I knew I hit it well but thought I had over shot the green. As Im walking up to the green my friend says he thinks its in the hole. I was saying no i dont think so etc etc. As I reached the green I couldnt see the ball through the back but could see a (my?) pitch mark about 10 feet from the hole and in line. As I got closer to the hole my heart was racing I then leaned forward and saw my ball in the hole.....what a feeling. It was only in a bounce game but we always keep scorecards so I have mine framed. I shot a 101 which makes it all the more sweeter. I didnt keep the ball as it was like an old spud!

It might never happen again but it was great when it happened.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive had two on a pitch and putt when i was a kid, funny thing is, they where on the same hole.

Dont really remember too much about it. Have been close too a real one, hit the pin on a par 3 and jumped out the cup but thats about it... still waiting.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Mines a similar tale.

13th August 2007.
Snatched a quick round after work on a warm summers evening. I was working to putting in my 3 cards for my handicap at my new club. I'd joined in June.
Got to the 145yd par 3 18th just as the light was fading, a tricky hole which can and does wreck your card.

Opted for a steady 4 iron from the tee.

A steady swing saw my ball fly straight for the pin....then I lost sight of it in the dusk.
I thought I'd overshot the green so walked round the green to the back where a few conifers were sited. Myself and my pertner searched but couldn't find the ball.
I was just about to declare the ball lost when my partner sauntered across the green to the hole.
"I don't believe this" he said.

I told him not to be so daft and walked across the green. There in the bottom of the cup lay my ball.
The jubilation surged through me as I raised my arms skyward.
I looked to the clubhouse and noticed it was in darkness, we were the last ones on the course.
I had a stupid grin on my face all the way back home that night and bored my family rigid with my heroic tale of golf prowess.

The big shame was, I knew it was a good shot and on target but I would have just loved to have seen the ball drop in the hole!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean Basher. I feel Ive missed out not seeing the ball going into the cup but what the hell it got there in the end!

It might feel a bit like missing the birth of your child, its a great feeling, but you werent there to see it. At least I didnt miss my son joining us. Apparently he wants a new golf driver adult size for his christmas this year ;)Hes not even 2 weeks old yet!!

I also know what you mean about the silly grin

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmm. 17th at Sawgrass......1995......one bounce, straight in the cup.

On SEGA megadrive.

Never had one, split two cups and hit 3 flagsticks.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Way back in the mists of time (about 1997) I was between jobs having been made redundant. Golf in the morning, job hunting in the afternoon. One day on a par 3 of 160 yrds or so I fire a 7 iron down the sun-hardened turf. 3 bounces and in the hole. And guess what? There was nobody else on the course - not even a greenkeeper or someone walking their dog. No-one to celebrate with - no-one to confirm it.
my mates still say I'm making it up but I know I did it and that's what counts.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Imurg...

That might have been the same day I had a nine dart finish and a 147 break , again there was nobody there to witness them either. ;) ;)

Its funny I coundnt wait to tell people, told the father in law who plays of 5, and he couldnt remember if he had 5 or 6!!! He must have had a mis spent youth! Talk about being greedy I am glad to have had one.... maybe Id like one in acompetition now. :)

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been lucky enough to have had 2 in the last 12 months,also went straight into the cup once,span out into bunker and made 4!

My first was on the 16th at our place.

Steep downhill to cloverleaf green,took a smooth 8, good swing right down the pipe.

Followed by shouts of "Oh NO,oh NO! Get Down,Get Down,s***, Air mailed it again!"

"Oh my God its gone in!"

Fined for unnecessary whingeing and showing off.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm still waiting.
Everytime I play I think will it be today :), I've been close, just the other week my ball stopped 1" from the hole on a 152yd par 3, it'll happen one day.
Barb :)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fined for unnecessary whingeing and showing off.

Sounds a bit harsh! If my club handed out a "telling off" to a player that had just made a hole in one, I expect there would be a civil uprising.
I don't know the full story, but if this happened to me (unless I'd gone totally off my rocker) I'd never have accepted this. :(

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No,dont misunderstand me Realgolfer,I was fined by the guys in the swindle. Seeing as I am fines master I had to pay double!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had 4 holes in 1's. The sweetest was at our par 3 3rd, in the club championship 2nd round. I hit a lovely pw straight towards the pin. We didn't see it drop but we heard the click of the pin and we just knew it was "in da hole" as the yanks would shout.
It cost me £85 in the bar but did I care? I had just won the club championship and that was the best feeling ever for me on a golf course.
sweet as.