My EG app

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
You may not be seeing any effect on your SDs via NDB/Stableford adjustments, but CH is certainly still being used.
I am aware that CH is being recorded, but I am not aware of it being used when there is no adjustment to Gross Score.

Unless we are to believe that the possibility of it being used amounts to it being used.

wjemather

Visit site
I am aware that CH is being recorded, but I am not aware of it being used when there is no adjustment to Gross Score.

Unless we are to believe that the possibility of it being used amounts to it being used.
Determination of NDB adjustments cannot be done without using CH.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
As far as I recall, the Australian SD calculation uses the Stableford points scored rather than an adjusted gross after NDB adjustments.
And their stableford points have been scored using what we call Playing Handicap for individual strokeplay, but using 93%.
So their NDB limit is effectively done with 93% of what we call Course Handicap.

We could do the same, but with 95% of CH for our NDB limit.
This would make CH redundant.
This could have been done from the start. It could be done in the future.
It would equalise NDB and stableford scoring instead of the nonsense that we have at the moment of remembering to hole out for zero points on a particular hole when playing stableford.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Doesn't adjusted gross score depend on CH (3.1b bullet 3)
Yes, if you are referring to this

NDB and CH.jpg

More often than not, my score includes nothing higher than a gross double bogey for the whole round.
Therefore I can determine my SD without reference to my CH.

Previous poster stated, "You can not determine that there are no NDB adjustments to be made without using CH".

I can determine that there are no NDB adjustment to be made without using CH - most of the time.

wjemather

Visit site
Yes, if you are referring to this

View attachment 54237

More often than not, my score includes nothing higher than a gross double bogey for the whole round.

Previous poster stated, "You can not determine that there are no NDB adjustments to be made without using CH".

I can determine that there are no NDB adjustment to be made without using CH - most of the time.
Without using your Course Handicap, you would not have the knowledge that there will be no nett double bogey adjustments on holes where you score gross double bogey or better.

Alan Clifford

Visit site

You can because you have an idea in your head of what your course handicap is. You know you are not a plus 8 handicapper. A computerised calculation system is not so intuitive. It needs to do the arithmetic.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
You can because you have an idea in your head of what your course handicap is. You know you are not a plus 8 handicapper. A computerised calculation system is not so intuitive. It needs to do the arithmetic.
Can't disagree with that.

I was disagreeing with being told, "You cannot determine that there no NBD adjustments to be made without using CH"
when I know that I can and do.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Without using your Course Handicap, you would not have the knowledge that there will be no nett double bogey adjustments on holes where you score gross double bogey or better.
Such an occurrence could happen, I suppose, if I was +1 and I made a double bogey on stroke index 18 and then this would be adjusted to a bogey.
But that is not going to happen in my case. All my double bogeys are going to remain double bogeys.

Have I read your post correctly? Or does it contain a mistake?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Such an occurrence could happen, I suppose, if I was +1 and I made a double bogey on stroke index 18 and then this would be adjusted to a bogey.
But that is not going to happen in my case. All my double bogeys are going to remain double bogeys.
Is that because you always know what your CH is ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a problem when trying to register @The Club for a General Play score. This is with my iPhone. Yesterday I went round in circles 6 time s both before and after the round. After create EG App went back to the beginning.

Somebody said that this may be because the font size is too big.

Perhaps display and brightness.

Any help would be appreciated