My EG app

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Is that because you always know what your CH is ?
No.

Next week I shall be playing at an away course in the County Seniors Championship. It is a scratch event and I won't be paying much attention to my CH.
I will know that if I score nothing worse than a double bogey that I can calculate my SD without knowing my CH.

I know my SDs for my home club for the sort of scores I'm hoping for.
I did not set out to memorise them - it just happened through experience and repetition.
White tees.
78 - 6.2
77 - 5.3
76 - 4.5
75 - 3.6
74 - 2.7
73 - 1.9

If I have scored no worse than a double bogey, I know my SD without reference to my CH. My 5 most recent scores show nothing worse than a double bogey.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Very good, the only comment I can add is the potential for a PCC adjustment which isn’t known exactly until the next day.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
I did a hover and a snip

EG Daily Handicap.jpg

I believe that the Australian "Daily Handicap" is equivalent to our Playing Handicap For Individual Strokeplay. They use 93% and we use 95%.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
However the 93% is applied to all rounds (ie to produce the CH/DH) before the Appendix C Allowances are applied to produce the PH for different types of round.
The 0.93 multiplier should be changed for the other appropriate multiplier for the format of play.

Auzzie Rules.jpg

There are anecdotal reports of other methods being done at local levels, as you have described, but the official method is as above.