EG app before handicap

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know if the EG app can be used to submit a card for initial handicap?

A friend just joined a club and has his CDH from the secretary. He’s going to play my course and I was wondering if he can already use the app to submit the round.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know if the EG app can be used to submit a card for initial handicap?

A friend just joined a club and has his CDH from the secretary. He’s going to play my course and I was wondering if he can already use the app to submit the round.

from my experience yes. I have a few friends who use the Igolf club and all their cards were done via the app.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Depends on the club but I’m not entirely positive.
Our club has sent a memo out last week highlighting that cards for initial handicap need to be done at the home club.
Now I don’t think that’s correct or right but somebody with more knowledge should know.
This is from a club that thinks I should fill a form in to pre register for a round and still pay £5 processing mind!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Our club has sent a memo out last week highlighting that cards for initial handicap need to be done at the home club.
Now I don’t think that’s correct or right but somebody with more knowledge should know.
This is from a club that thinks I should fill a form in to pre register for a round and still pay £5 processing mind!
I think your club is telling porkies. My three initial cards were from three different clubs.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

Sorry to disappoint, but it's up to the individual club to decide. Requiring the scores to be from the home club is allowable.

Scores for initial handicap purposes can be submitted from any measured course at the discretion of the Home Club Handicap Committee.
Guidance On The WHS Rules Of Handicapping As Applied Within GB&I

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
My brother has just gained his first handicap from iGolf via 3 cards submitted from the England Golf app (from 3 different courses) so it is possible… he is not a member of a club though so I guess that might make it different, but definitely technically possible from the app alone

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
My brother has just gained his first handicap from iGolf via 3 cards submitted from the England Golf app (from 3 different courses) so it is possible… he is not a member of a club though so I guess that might make it different, but definitely technically possible from the app alone

As others have said, it depends on the rules laid down by the club. We specifically say within our joining instructions that initial cards MUST be completed at our course.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
As others have said, it depends on the rules laid down by the club. We specifically say within our joining instructions that initial cards MUST be completed at our course.

Why? The frameworks all there for it not to be done that way.
What if your course is not measured at the time and a new member wants his handicap?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why? The frameworks all there for it not to be done that way.
What if your course is not measured at the time and a new member wants his handicap?

Why - because clubs have the option too.

As to a non measured course, that means no qualifying comps can take place. I would Be suprised if there are any non sloped courses in the UK even if they are only provisional slopes.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Why - because clubs have the option too.

As to a non measured course, that means no qualifying comps can take place. I would Be suprised if there are any non sloped courses in the UK even if they are only provisional slopes.

Having the option to and doing it just because is not a valid reason. Nor makes sense.

A new member at mine at the start of the month wanted his handicap ready for the season. He couldn’t do them at ours as it wasn’t a measured course at the time as several forward tees being winter.
Course up the road is open all year full tees and greens. Told him to go there and do three cards. They got knocked back. So when comps started he’s had to miss a couple as he had no handicap. It would also mean if he so chose that he couldn’t enter comps elsewhere while he waited or enter our own winter comps.

Not every course closes for winter!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having the option to and doing it just because is not a valid reason. Nor makes sense.

A new member at mine at the start of the month wanted his handicap ready for the season. He couldn’t do them at ours as it wasn’t a measured course at the time as several forward tees being winter.
Course up the road is open all year full tees and greens. Told him to go there and do three cards. They got knocked back. So when comps started he’s had to miss a couple as he had no handicap. It would also mean if he so chose that he couldn’t enter comps elsewhere while he waited or enter our own winter comps.

Not every course closes for winter!

Simply way round, join igolf make it your home club, put in the scores etc.. then be a member assell and port it over

If they want to be funny about something so petty

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Simply way round, join igolf make it your home club, put in the scores etc.. then be a member assell and port it over

If they want to be funny about something so petty

I need to look into that igolf, I get new members contact me through the Buddy system and I’d like to give them accurate advice without the club throwing nonsense around!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure what is petty about it, it’s just a choice and one I suspect many clubs adopt.

I presume you are an EG Independent Golfer.

Nope . Full member and support general play and handicaps from all clubs as it all converts back

That's the entire point.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No different than other clubs then, the only difference appears to be that your club handicap committee allows those new to golf to gain an initial handicap at other clubs.

Stinks of a new universal system coming in and clubs wanting to change it rather than just go with it.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't see the point of restricting scores for a new handicap to the home course. Do people think it's going to result in a more accurate handicap or what? It's unnecessarily restrictive. Anyone got a thought through explanation of its supposed value?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I presume you run your clubs handicaps and you and your members are happy with the systems you have in place, our members are happy with our system and if they aren’t can raise it at any time.

What would you do if someone joined your club, used the golf England app to put in cards at 3 other courses.. would you delete them?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't see the point of restricting scores for a new handicap to the home course. Do people think it's going to result in a more accurate handicap or what? It's unnecessarily restrictive. Anyone got a thought through explanation of its value?

If I was a nomad now after reading how some clubs think it's their right to just ignore the whs system and do their own I'd join the igolf before committing to a course get a handicap then they have to take it.

Completely pathetic extra hoops for zero reason other than making yourself feel important