EG app before handicap

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I was a nomad now after reading how some clubs think it's their right to just ignore the whs system and do their own I'd join the igolf before committing to a course get a handicap then they have to take it.

Completely pathetic extra hoops for zero reason other than making yourself feel important
I think your making things up, who is ignoring the WHS system? Any IG who joins a club will have the HI accepted, you seem to have a problem with how some/many clubs deal with those that have yet to gain a HI. It’s not been an issue at our club but if a member raises it I’m sure it will be looked at.
As we can accept cards all year round so we don’t have the problem the OP raised.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think your making things up, who is ignoring the WHS system? Any IG who joins a club will have the HI accepted, you seem to have a problem with how some/many clubs deal with those that have yet to gain a HI. It’s not been an issue at our club but if a member raises it I’m sure it will be looked at.
As we can accept cards all year round so we don’t have the problem the OP raised.

But do you know of a good reason for only allowing home scores? And by that I mean that being restrictive in this way has an outcome of value.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I would think it's simply a case of wanting both to be able to see the new player - if desired - and the conservative concept of wanting to continue to feel 'in control' of the new player situation.
It might be a bit pointless, but golf clubs can be pretty conservative. It would be worth checking before joining, just to avoid any bad feelings for either party. And if you are joining a club, it shouldn't be too difficult to organise a counting round.
Seems a bit of a storm in a teacup to me!

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Imo, certified scores are certified scores, regardless of where they are played. It will all work out fine in the end and Nanny needs to have a sleep.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Does anyone know if the EG app can be used to submit a card for initial handicap?

A friend just joined a club and has his CDH from the secretary. He’s going to play my course and I was wondering if he can already use the app to submit the round.
He needs to ask his club what they accept for initial allocation. In theory anything goes now as long as it's validated, but some clubs will still insist on various rules to be followed when submitting initial scores

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He needs to ask his club what they accept for initial allocation. In theory anything goes now as long as it's validated, but some clubs will still insist on various rules to be followed when submitting initial scores
Thanks, I was more wondering if EG app allows to “enter score” for a player that doesn’t have HI yet.

I think his club has no problems with other clubs’ cards.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks, I was more wondering if EG app allows to “enter score” for a player that doesn’t have HI yet.

I think his club has no problems with other clubs’ cards.
I might be wrong here, but don't you need to have a CDH number in order to access the My EG app, and you don't get a CDH number until the club have allocated a HI.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I might be wrong here, but don't you need to have a CDH number in order to access the My EG app, and you don't get a CDH number until the club have allocated a HI.

I can't answer for the EG app, but I know we can generate a CDH number for new members in ClubV1 and they can then put in their initial scores through the clubhouse PSI or the Scottish Golf app. They get their new Handicap Index the morning after putting in their final score. Less work for the Handicap Committee and a faster service for the member. It's great!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

I don't know about other ISVs but we use Handicapmaster and a CDH ID is automatically assigned to new members whether they intend to gain HI or not.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
No, you must have a CDH number before starting to input GP cards. It used to be under CONGU that you'd hand in your three cards, handicap got calculated, and then you got your CDH number.

In fact now Scottish Golf are asking clubs to issue a CDH number to every member whether they have asked for one or not, so thta they can enter a score any time they want to with reverting to the club first.