Most memorable performance on a hole you have had?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What’s people’s most memorable performance on a hole they have had?

In my youth I’ve holed for bogey from 150 yards lol that always stays in my mind

5 years ago I got one of them perfect connected drives and drove a 300 yard green through the back

However for me yesterday beats it.. on a mini tour with my society

First hole East Sussex national west course

It’s hammering down. (Course closed half way round but they let us stay out.. 7 out of 16 who went out completed it.. myself included)

Anyways first hole drive down middle not far

Hybrid same just keeping it in play

100 yards left

7 iron half swing as buggy’s were on path and I couldn’t be bothered to go back and forth .. had mishit the hybrid and had taken both clubs as my options..

Anyways hit the green 1 yard ish from flag and disappeared down the hole for birdie lol

Apparently they heard my celebrations on the tee

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Medium Par five, hit the sweetest drive ever leaving me a 7 iron to the green. Proceeded to hit it over the back and out of bounds.
Dropped another ball and changed to an 8 iron which I put to 10 ft and nailed the putt. Weirdest par I've ever had.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't remember the first birdie I had but still remember the first par when I was starting up. A par 3, I hooked the ball over the hedge running parallel to the hole , pitched back over the hedge (about 5 feet high) to the green and sank the putt.

D

Deleted member 21258

Have always wished to get an albatross(ideally on a par 4.)

So would have to be a drive I hit on the 260ish par 4 9th at Beau.

Hit a high flying drive at the green, lands on it, thinking get in there and as it is landing the guy I was playing with said that's the first time I have seen the green pitched on.

Then seeing the ball bouncing though the back and out back, dreams made and smashed all within a few seconds:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Eagled a par 4 at Coulsdon Court not long after starting to play. Add in it was in front of my dad and I had holed from around 120 yards with a 7 iron. Daftest lately was in the last medal. Miss the green left on our par three 6th. Thin the chip through the green. Repeat from the right side and then chip in for bogey

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting topic. Given that I've never had an eagle or a hole in one, there's nothing that immediately jumps out at me. I've only driven a par 4 green once (made birdie) so that's fairly memorable. I remember the closest I came to a hole in one, at Rickmansworth, as it rolled an inch by the hole and stopped two feet away. Most recently, in the club champs on Sunday I made par on our 470 yard 2nd hole for the first time ever at full length. Perfect drive, then 7 iron, wedge to the front edge and sank a 30 foot putt!

That also reminds me of the longest putt I ever holed, on one of the par 5s at Grimsdyke, I was just through the back of the two-tier green on the fringe, and the pin was right down the front edge on the lower tier. I was bricking it, had to pace it so only just made the slope so it would trickle down, judged it perfectly and it rolled from right to left down the slope and straight in the hole for birdie. It seemed to take an age to get there.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Recently played a Par 5 at Ross Golf Course, the sweetest drive I ever hit - for me a bomb about 260 yards - member advised me to take one less club for my second shot, so went easy 6 iron which just crept on the front of the green.

I was left with a fairly straight but very long eagle putt which just tracked all the way in to the hole!

Wolf

Visit site
My 10 on a par 4 in the other thread was pretty memorable.

Other than that my first eagle on a par was memorable 1st hole at Gillingham golf club as a 14 year old, hit my tee shot dead straight, bounced the big bunker and rolled out to 10 feet, then sunk the putt.

More recent times playing off the winter tees at our Par4 12th hole in a comp, winged my tee shot OOB, 3 off the tee gave it a wallop for sake of it and drive up to left side of the green, then chipped in for a par 4 and 3 points

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My 10 on a par 4 in the other thread was pretty memorable.

Other than that my first eagle on a par was memorable 1st hole at Gillingham golf club as a 14 year old, hit my tee shot dead straight, bounced the big bunker and rolled out to 10 feet, then sunk the putt.

More recent times playing off the winter tees at our Par4 12th hole in a comp, winged my tee shot OOB, 3 off the tee gave it a wallop for sake of it and drive up to left side of the green, then chipped in for a par 4 and 3 points

We do remember things for weird reasons

I played pretty rubbish in the main yest because the rain was awful. Even my galvins wanted to give up

Me and my mate still say we will never forget that round .. I hit 29 points with 4 blobs lol putting on water at times.. but hey we made it where 9 walked off

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I had a couple of memorable holes last year.
13th pulled the drive, hack out and then 8 iron to the green. Couldn't find it and thought it had gone big into the river until I found it in the hole(birdie).
Our 17th par3 chunk, chunk and in it went with a hell of a sound. We have an adjoining green and a tee box close, so they all thought it was a HIO or a 2 ... no par

Attachments

• 8thb.jpg
    8thb.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 17thb.jpg
    17thb.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 9

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ball in amongst a group of trees about 170 yards from the green. Completely blocked out with no sight of the green. I hit a huge fade out of the trees and holed the shot for an eagle 2 on the 3rd hardest hole on the course.

Although memorable I did not see the flight of the ball or it go in to the hole.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Though I've played golf for years, on and off, I recently came back in the last year, and in this time I have had two instances.
On a par 4, I had a wild slice off the tee, so played a provisional, which went wild slice , so played another provisional.
Set off to search and found the first ball.
Sanity returnd , and when on the green, my pp said, "bloody hell- plays five off the tee and is putting for par!

The other - was playing alone last week , hit a sweet drive, then a better 3 wood and a single put on a par 5.
Not bad for old bugger in mid 70s
Twill never be repeated. Worst of it was, I was alone with no witness.😀

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Massareene with the society a few years back, hadn't been playing for long. Anyway, par 5, played what were for me at the time 2 pretty good shots but had ended up in rough, 60ish yards short of the green and stuck behind trees which were between me and the green. Had bought a slazenger 64 degeee lob wedge (after playing a round with a friend, he had one and he used it around the greens to get the ball up - he also double hit constantly, but that didn't stop me buying it). So, PPs told me to chip out, or keep it low but I ignored them and played the Holywood shot - full swing, as hard as I could, ball cleared the trees, soared into the air and landed a couple of feet from the hole. I've tried similar shots since without the same success unfortunately!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hole-in-one on a par-4. Nailed it and was pretty sure I'd driven the green. Got up there no sign of it so thought it was over the back. Glanced in the hole as I went past and there it was. Went totally mental. My father-in-law was there to see it too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a memorable hole that someone else played... We were in a betterball comp and a guy from the other pair, similar handicap to me, he was in the light rough on a par 4 taking his second shot - maybe 150 yards out. Total air shot, missed the ball completely and we all had a little chuckle. Couldn't remember the last time I'd seen someone totally miss the ball. Anyway, he lines up again and promptly stuck it to about one foot from the pin for a tap-in par! I'll never forget witnessing that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
best one i can think of at Castle Stuart back when my mate worked there, SI1 7th hole 460 one pretty windy day, playing a better ball money game, i didn't hit a vert good drive and was getting a my only shot of the game (the others were all much lower handicaps and would only give me one short despite them all at least 3 shots lower) pushed a 7 iron right it rolled off the slope (blind) and came into view on the green rolled on down and into the hole for a net 1:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the other 3 were all hitting flicks with wedges and all missed the green:LOL:

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
My most memorable was in the club championship a couple of years ago. Put my name down but then I found out i couldn’t play on the Sunday if I made the cut. After 15 holes I was doing better than anticipated so stood on the tee next hole I thought I’d aim for the lake and lose a couple of shots. It was a very windy day and I hit my best drive ever but instead of going in the lake it went straight down the middle of the fairway and I measured it at 340yds.