Most memorable performance on a hole you have had?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knott End 17th first time I played it. Flay my first tee-shot onto the Driving Range right OB. Tee up a 2nd, knock it on the green to 15ft, roll the putt in for a par.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Tricky downhill 6 inch putt to save par, God my knees were knocking :eek:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Most memorable for me was the first and only eagle I got playing at Birchwood in Kent dogleg par 5 hit drive over trees on dogleg to middle of fairway then hit 3 wood to the fringe of green and sunk a 20 foot put. 3 perfect ,shots rarely happens

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Actually only about a month ago, I don't hold on to memorable moments long enough unfortunately.

Short par 5 around 510 yards but it plays ever so slightly downhill which knocks a few yards off.

It played into wind on the day and left me with a 5 iron in to the green and I was just in the rough sat up nicely. I called the shot out to my friend as we were having a friendly matchplay game. Green is protected with a bunker to the right and if you miss left by 10 yards you're in the woods/ brook, all run off goes this way too. I played the most aggressive shot I could taking it over the bunker, with about 10 yards of draw. It pitched the green and trickled up to the hole. By this point my PP had played his shot already and was making his way towards the green so he was only about 100 yards away.

I couldn't see it myself as I was much farther away but he claims it lipped out, got to the green and it was all of 3 inches from the pin, tap in eagle.

We proceeded to halve the hole as he chipped in, from green side.

Never in my life have I halved with an eagle, following week we halved with bogeys. Funny game.

njt1986

Visit site
There are 3 that stand out for me;

1 - Today playing in the horrible rain and wind at Wyboston Lakes I managed to hit a perfect drive, slight fade on it (unintentional) to cut the corner of the lake and landed centre of the fairway. 9 iron I slightly chunked and left it just short of the green, chipped it up and 2 putt for par. (not bad considering I'm a 28+ HCap)

2 - Birdie on the Par 5 17th at Aylesbury Park last year. Drove it down the left, connecting pretty sweetly, left myself a 200+ yard shot in to the green, ball sat up in the second cut like it was a tee so I thought "sod it", pulled out my 3W and hit probably the sweetest shot i've ever hit and it stopped about a foot from the back of the green. First putt rolled up to about 1 foot and popped it in for a birdie. (The kicker of this, though, was it was my one good hole in a round in which I shot just over 120)

3 - 7th hole at The Three Locks, played a 3W off the tee about 230 straight down the pipe, 4 Iron left me just shy of the green, hit a little 7 Iron bump & run up to the hole and put it in for Birdie. (one of only 2 good holes I played in a 105 round!)

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
18th at Ifield nr Crawley.par five and hooked the tee shot oob ,played another and put it in the semi on the right hand side of the fairway ,still a long way to go but ball sitting up nicely ,the three wood that i hit was sublime to about three foot and holed out for par and my first ever round under gross 80.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
My first eagle, about 30 years ago, on the 15th at darenth vallley - hit driver, 8 iron to about 8 feet and holed the putt

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Par 5 18th @ Boughton.

2 of my most memorable times both on the same hole. I got a bogey on it to beat my bro in law for the first time a few years ago and also the first eagle i ever had.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Par 5 18th @ Boughton.

2 of my most memorable times both on the same hole. I got a bogey on it to beat my bro in law for the first time a few years ago and also the first eagle i ever had.

Played boughton last year and took me about 20 mins before I left the 18th - my duck hook was it it peak then.
Apart from that I loved the course

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Par 5 at Monte Mayor .
Massive canyon which hole winds around .
Big draw off the tee landed on the green. (Think it hit the yardage marker in the fairway)
Almost dropped the putt ,tap in eagle.

sunshine

Visit site
Par 5 at Monte Mayor .
Massive canyon which hole winds around .
Big draw off the tee landed on the green. (Think it hit the yardage marker in the fairway)
Almost dropped the putt ,tap in eagle.

:LOL: drive a par 5. That's class... But poor design. Is this course closed now?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Twice hit the pin on par 5's in two. 1975 at Naas GC and a few months back out here in Spain. Both left tap ins for eagles. Both were driver off the tee, 3 wood onto the green.

sunshine

Visit site
Albatross on the 18th at Littlestone for me.

500 yard par 5, usually plays into the wind, but was downwind on the day. I nailed a sweet drive down the middle, then a smooth 7 iron to a back pin. The ball disappeared out of sight and I assumed it had gone over the back. We had a hunt over the back and couldn't find it, so I optimistically checked the hole and there it was. It was only then that the people watching from the clubhouse started waving and cheering!

Felt better that I did it on from the back tees on a proper championship course and not some mickey mouse course or a shortened winter hole.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played the iberostar at Cancun. Was held up by four American guys for five holes. I was playing on my own with Missis T as Caddy. Dogleg left uphill. They went over the hill in two buggys. It was about 240yd to the top. I thought aim for the corner and it will fade off to the right. As soon as I hit it it went like a rocket to the corner then started slightly drawing left it flew round the corner. I thought *** that could kill someone. Missis T said" why don't you hit it like that everytime". I flew up the hill in the buggy, over the hill. Full of apologies to the yanks. One of the yanks said " gee bud, sorry for holding you up, we didnt know you were that good" 😂. I couldn't find my ball, they pointed to the side of the green. It was about 12" from going in a pond. It was a par four which I parred. My drive must of gone 330 yd plus. I have never ever come anywhere near that. I was buzzing after that hole.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played Rye Hill some time back with Fundy, Rooter and Full Throttle.
Can't remember which hole but I hit a shocking drive, carved it right into an orchard, behind trees and bushes
Fundy came to help look for the ball and when we found it I was lining up for a hack out 45° backwards when Steve mentioned a triangle of gap about 4 X 6 X 6 feet in the trees.
"Seve would go for that" a big grin on his face...
It looked extremely small but I thought " Sod it, why not"
The ball was actually lying ok and the GPS told me I needed a 4 iron - back in the days when I had a 4 iron in the bag!
Lined it up, needing a slight draw to get to the green.....
Nailed it!!
Finished just short of the green but it was a Worldy:love:

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My one and only eagle. Downhill par 5 about 500 yards. Hit a good drive that made it on to the downhill portion of the hole so got a lot of run. 8 iron to about 15 feet short of the green. Really sweet chip that went in with just the perfect amount of pace. If it had missed it would have ended up about a foot past the hole.

And to make it even nicer, I was a 26 handicap and had two shots on the hole. Got 6 points and quite a few comments from my fellow players.

Never been close again since :-(