Monty Chokes again

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
So he needed a good finish to get into the Masters and he misses the cut. Is this the straw that breaks the camels back??

He excels in match play and beats a wold top 10 player in Furyk and he can't make the cut in a field that contains players most of us have never heard of.

Being a Monty fan I find it so frustrating watching him.

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
quite agree junior, he`s got a hard neck askin other players to step up to the plate when he can`t du it himself when the chips r down .ok yes he`s done it before -but he`s a spent force now ,wish he`d shut his moanin gob ,big fud ...

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Monty, despite all his "foot in mouth" antics. It must be hard to have been the most consistent player of his generation and now to play so hot and cold.
Sadly, it is the beginning of the end....look at Davis and Hendry in snooker, even they ran out of steam/talent. Here is a man who was really on top of the euro tour for so long, and yet never really had the external confidence (seemingly) of many of his contemporaries. The thing about him, I believe, is that his A game was built on A grade technique (albeit Monty style) and self assuredness, not pure "arrogant" confidence. He knows the deal, he knows the clock is ticking. It's a pity.

daveyboy17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love monty and am gutted. He is one of the greats with the order of merit wins why does his talent go to waste!!!!!

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Monty has had a very successful career. I think it is good to hear he still has aspirations of being in the Top 50, playing in the majors...this is coming from a guy who's career has been going for 20yrs already. He's right that other (Scottish) players should be coming through in his footsteps and setting a new standard.

He missed the cut this week. Everybody misses a cut, the fact he has been so public about his desire to play Augusta means there will be more attention if/when he fails.

As far as I can see he's not due to play next week but the week after so, a win / top 3 there - would that be enough to qualify? Time will tell.