Monty back where he belongs

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
After today's French Open play I was thrilled to see Montgomerie make the penultimate pairing for tomorrow and playing with Westwood should make it a super game for viewers to watch. He is back playing some decent golf and has started to get a bit more rub of the green which is testament to the hard work he has obviously put in despite the ongoing criticism he has received in the media- he has gone back and worked on his game and proved that he is not done yet. He has started holing more putts which has taken the pressure off his long game and we are seeing some vintage Monty action (it's funny I should comment on this as I have only been into golf for 18 months but I have seen enough past action of Monty to appreciate how good his ball striking was in his prime) where he is striking it beautifully, hitting most fairways and really peppering the flags. I wish him all the best for tomorrow and would love to see him win as regardless of some peoples opinions I am a big Monty fan. Go on the big man.

Gazzery

Club Champion
Visit site
I feel Monty has a great chance in the final round as the young lad up front is gona be feeling the pressure big time and westwood will be gunning for him to

B

birdieman

Monty won't win, if anyone will catch Larrazabal it'll be Hansen or Westwood. Monty has already dropped a shot and Larrazabal has picked one up, Monty now 5 behind instead of 3.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I was thinking when I read this thread about people counting chickens and all that.

As much as I would love to see Monty recapture a bit of glory it is a stiff test.

People have been known to fall apart in a tournament and one dodgy round could leave him in a poor final place.

Wait until the success has been achieved before heaping praise on the man is what I think personally.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree about the counting chickens business and thought it myself at the time of posting so was not going to do so but then I thought no matter what the outcome in terms of finishing position Monty will be able to leave the week knowing that on any given round he can still cut it with the other top european tour players. Meaning that if he can get 4 rounds together there is still a good chance of him winning. Plus he has hit a bit of form and is striking it beautifully again so hopefully he can keep it going even if he does have a lackluster final round.

DCB

Visit site
Yep, agree with Marko on this. Monty did well, he's a confidence player so this could help him put a run of good finishes together over the next few weeks. While I'm not saying he'll win, he may well challenge again if he gets a run going anfbuilds his confidence.