Membership cost increase

D

Deleted member 15344

Denied? Or did they change the subject and talk about the weather/kids/shoes? If they changed the subject you KNOW they are guilty.

Guilty ?

Surely I suspect it’s like most committee members that they aren’t allowed to tell members themselves until it’s been officially announced in the AGM etc

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Guilty ?

Surely I suspect it’s like most committee members that they aren’t allowed to tell members themselves until it’s been officially announced in the AGM etc
Quite probably the case. AGM is 10th Feb. Though I myself didn‘t ask the committee member, my understanding was the reply was a denial rather than a deflection. We’ll see.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Received notification of ours today. The full membership fee is up 3%. Our lifestyle membership is up 3.5% and interestingly my own category, the senior's membership is up 5.5%.

We all know how badly the club has been struggling with the energy price increases, inflation in general and course closures. I'm over the moon with that news, especially after reading some of the horror stories on here.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
My clubs raising fees by around 5% which isn't bad. I'm leaving though so I'm waiting to see what the fees are going to be at the club I intend to join.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
6% is proposed…tbc at AGM next week…in real money that’s about £110. I suppose that’s OK all things considered.

But it means that with the renewal payment to my clubhouse F&D account I’ll be just over £2000.

Mandofred

Visit site
One of my clubs had an AGM a week or so ago and requested a 10% increase....evidently all heck broke loose. Some members were so upset that they postponed voting on that part of the meeting until they could get more info.... I didn't go to the meeting since it never starts until at least 7pm and it's a 25 min drive each way (I am NOT a night owl). Since other local clubs had not risen their fees by 10% some members were pretty upset....I think they got it wrong though. Besides the increase in almost everything golf club related over the last couple of years....and a BIG event with the club purchasing the front 9 from a local church (been renting the property for years and years)....I thought a 10% increase was perfectly ok.

mister v

Visit site
ours will increase by 5% plus a £50 bar levy which is new. in years gone by the £50 levy was built into the membership costs and then they did away with it but of couse the cost styed the same effectivley giving a £50 increase.
our club made a £50k los last year and the board have said its mainly down to food and beverage losses due to the amount of time the course has been closed due to weather...

D-S

Visit site
We are increasing by 4.3%, after 10% last year this seems to be about right. It seems as if some clubs who made little or small increases last year are having to play catch up this year.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are increasing by 4.3%, after 10% last year this seems to be about right. It seems as if some clubs who made little or small increases last year are having to play catch up this year.
We were 6.5% last year…and with 6% this year that 12.5% over two years given the economic and cost-of-living climate seems ok. Painful - as my pension most certainly has not gone up by that over two years…though after the horrid 15% crash my fund suffered back when whasername and whasisname did the economy it’s recovered pretty well, and by about 12% I suppose - so on that basis the increase is affordable - though my wife makes me fully aware she is still P/T working while I am not and we are forking out £2k for my golf subs.😵‍💫

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We were 6.5% last year…and with 6% this year that 12.5% over two years given the economic and cost-of-living climate seems ok. Painful - as my pension most certainly has not gone up by that over two years…though after the horrid 15% crash my fund suffered back when whasername and whasisname did the economy it’s recovered pretty well, and by about 12% I suppose - so on that basis the increase is affordable - though my wife makes me fully aware she is still P/T working while I am not and we are forking out £2k for my golf subs.😵‍💫

Maybe its time to host another golf day and walk away with the winnings again ;)

(I am fully aware they were donated to H4H - I'm only messing!)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got the provisional numbers last night and should get my individual bill later today but the general increase seems to be £8 per month or just shy of £100 so a real surprise given 5% or higher was muted at the AGM in November and beyond. Will check the numbers when my bill comes but feeling happy with the news. Given we're two years into a full bunker renovation and will be undertaking some drainage work to improve known issues and it is definitely feeling like a club and course on the move upwards