Matt Wallace - again!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We have no idea of the intent or motive of the caddy or 'intruder' and Wallace showed a lot of restraint just grabbing him by the throat and frog marching him from the tee, the caddy could've been about to pull a concealed weapon!!

Just hold on there pal,if you’re going to go around accusing people of having concealed weapons you better have solid evidence 🤣

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just hold on there pal,if you’re going to go around accusing people of having concealed weapons you better have solid evidence 🤣

The evidence is in the form of an audio recording done by a bloke I'll call 'rodar' to protect his identity, who was listening over the sponsor boards where the caddy can be clearly heard saying 'get off me'!

D

Deleted member 15344

So is everyone making it up about the language?

My bad.
Have got some link I can read what these people are saying about the language he has used towards the caddy - that saves it going back and forth and I can actually read what is being said that you are seeing and what I’m missing

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Have got some link I can read what these people are saying about the language he has used towards the caddy - that saves it going back and forth and I can actually read what is being said that you are seeing and what I’m missing

I've not seen any direct quotes about JFK being shot.

Should I discount it?🤔

D

Deleted member 15344

This is a relevant paragraph

There doesn't appear to be any footage of any incidents online but that hasn't stopped fans who watched the coverage live on Sky Sports Golf from tweeting their anger.

All the tweets even that article don’t have any specifics and this is all stemming from “reactions on social media”

But will await the ET “investigation” result - also surprised the caddy hasn’t resigned if he was “abused”

Wolf

Visit site
[
This is a relevant paragraph

There doesn't appear to be any footage of any incidents online but that hasn't stopped fans who watched the coverage live on Sky Sports Golf from tweeting their anger.

All the tweets even that article don’t have any specifics and this is all stemming from “reactions on social media”

But will await the ET “investigation” result - also surprised the caddy hasn’t resigned if he was “abused”
Just as a case in point there also wasn't videos of Sergio doing his own gardening on the greens in Saudi but that doesn't mean it didn't happen the ET didn't allow the footage to be released..

Plus that also does state people watched it live... So has to be something to look at

D

Deleted member 15344

[

Just as a case in point there also wasn't videos of Sergio doing his own gardening on the greens in Saudi but that doesn't mean it didn't happen the ET didn't allow the footage to be released..

Plus that also does state people watched it live... So has to be something to look at

I have no doubt that this is because people saw him talking with his caddy on the coverage and reacted on twitter and included the European Tour account. Wallace will no doubt and rightly so get penalised for his club and course abuse - it’s out of order what he did with his clubs

But whatever went on with his caddy should be between the two of them to sort out - the reaction of the caddy is very telling throughout any of the videos being shown , he doesn’t flinch and just carries on doing what he normally would do - if there was any major issue then the caddy would have walked away.

And yes people did say they watched it live - but not there , Live on the Sky Sports coverage where it was also stated the words weren’t picked up by the coverage.

He will no doubt end up getting warned for the club slamming etc like others before him have done.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As I surmised way back when the thread was civil, the ET will look at the incident (as I suspect will the players committee) and decide how to proceed from there. I suspect given an overriding lack of definitive evidence they'll decide there's no case to answer (my opinion) but may talk to Wallace behind closed doors

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have no doubt that this is because people saw him talking with his caddy on the coverage and reacted on twitter and included the European Tour account. Wallace will no doubt and rightly so get penalised for his club and course abuse - it’s out of order what he did with his clubs

But whatever went on with his caddy should be between the two of them to sort out - the reaction of the caddy is very telling throughout any of the videos being shown , he doesn’t flinch and just carries on doing what he normally would do - if there was any major issue then the caddy would have walked away.

And yes people did say they watched it live - but not there , Live on the Sky Sports coverage where it was also stated the words weren’t picked up by the coverage.

He will no doubt end up getting warned for the club slamming etc like others before him have done.

😴😴😴😴😴

Yip everyone is overreacting and it didn't happen.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'll hopefully catch some highlights this week and see.

He needed to birdie the last to match Paven and get into a playoff but he put his drive into the pond
He still could have got up and down but put his 3rd into the pond by the green - he was then speaking to his caddy

They don’t show any other footage on the highlights being shown at the moment

There is also a video of him next to his caddy and his bib moves which people believe is him being punched in the ribs

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And there are also the spectators at the event who complained. However that doesn't suit Phil's agenda or argument.

There is also his face and body language and the previous incidents earlier in the round where he was throwing clubs and smashing his 7 iron into the turf and walking away with his club sticking out of the turf like Excalibur.

Loose cannon. Fantastic golfer, dreadful petulance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Loose cannon. Fantastic golfer, dreadful petulance.
Surely Monty was king of petulance? What about Garcia (more than once). Seve hardly a shrinking violet. All have previous and while I won't condone damaging a green, I don't think Wallace should be hung out to dry. Let the spectators speak to the tour and let the tour deal with it. Anything else seems like a witch hunt. Plenty of players have smashed clubs both here and on the PGA. Plenty have chucked clubs and plenty have had rants at caddies. I really don't see this particular incident as a big deal unless the caddy complains. I think your dislike of Wallace has been mentioned more than once but all I see are tit for tat posts trying to score off other posters. If there is a case I am sure the ET will handle it and it'll come out in due course. Intil then anything is pure conjecture

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Surely Monty was king of petulance? What about Garcia (more than once). Seve hardly a shrinking violet. All have previous and while I won't condone damaging a green, I don't think Wallace should be hung out to dry. Let the spectators speak to the tour and let the tour deal with it. Anything else seems like a witch hunt. Plenty of players have smashed clubs both here and on the PGA. Plenty have chucked clubs and plenty have had rants at caddies. I really don't see this particular incident as a big deal unless the caddy complains. I think your dislike of Wallace has been mentioned more than once but all I see are tit for tat posts trying to score off other posters. If there is a case I am sure the ET will handle it and it'll come out in due course. Intil then anything is pure conjecture

Don't remember Monty being a serial club thrower, yes he was a moan a minute who could hear an ant farting in the next county but he was more of a moaner.