Matt Wallace - again!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The way caddies are treated in general is pretty jank I reckon. I played in a Challenge Tour pro-am last year, and the caddies weren't even given a free lunch like everyone else. I was given two lunch vouchers by mistake so gave my 2nd one to the caddie, and he seemed chuffed. They're very much an afterthought at competitions it seems, and you would at least think that the pros would make sure they're taken care of.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The way caddies are treated in general is pretty jank I reckon. I played in a Challenge Tour pro-am last year, and the caddies weren't even given a free lunch like everyone else. I was given two lunch vouchers by mistake so gave my 2nd one to the caddie, and he seemed chuffed. They're very much an afterthought at competitions it seems, and you would at least think that the pros would make sure they're taken care of.
deff don't like the way some of the pros speak to the caddies, like that little turd Speith, if he'd have told me to "got get it" i would have and then shoved it right up him:LOL:

D

Deleted member 15344

I will refer you back to the original question Sir.

Please tell me where Spieth - and I quote - "went mental". That was what I asked. I don't require a politicians answer of waffle and deflection.

If you don’t want to use mental then don’t

Spieth verbally berated loudly so that everyone could hear his caddy when a mistake was made - he did it loud enough that everyone could hear him blaming the caddy for the mistake and he was criticised for it on Twitter

If mental is the wrong then it’s rbe wrong word

But Wallace is being shown verbally talking to his caddy a number of times after a mistake - no one knows what was said , no one knows what was said unless you heard what he said ? The cameras didn’t pick it up so how can anyone judge on the words between the two of them ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Spieth verbally berated loudly so that everyone could hear his caddy when a mistake was made - he did it loud enough that everyone could hear him blaming the caddy for the mistake and he was criticised for it on Twitter

But Wallace is being shown verbally talking to his caddy a number of times after a mistake - no one knows what was said , no one knows what was said unless you heard what he said ? The cameras didn’t pick it up so how can anyone judge on the words between the two of them ?

Well according to the witnesses his language was rather choice, Curt and disgusting. Now I'm not sure why you can't accept that yet can post another topic about an incident on the train and are happy to accept that as gospel!

Perhaps this just doesn't suit your agenda?

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Maybe you should start a “Spieth criticises caddy” thread.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

Well according to the witnesses his language was rather choice, Curt and disgusting. Now I'm not sure why you can't accept that yet can post another topic about an incident on the train and are happy to accept that as gospel!

Witnesses ? I haven’t seen those reports from witnesses , only thing I can see on social media is the reactions. Do you have a link ? It’s the first time I believe witnesses has been mentioned.

Nothing about agenda - it’s having evidence to back up claims , and right now that evidence is very thin and pretty much next to nothing

Not sure what the topic on the train has to do with anything

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So the people on social media who heard it and complain about it are all making it up?

Yet you post another event on social media but are happy to accept that.

I'm also very surprised that a n ex "services" person like yourself can't read body language.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thread really is quite amusing.
Wallace is being publicly slaughtered for having a go at his caddy.
He's been accused of both physical and verbal abuse, yet there is no real evidence of either.
The caddy's bib moved, but he didn't react at all leading me to think that he'd caused it himself ............................. I don't know as I can't see and, I suspect, neither can Wallace's accusers.
His verbal abuse. Yes, he looked angry and was, possibly, having some very stern words with his caddy ......................... but what words and what about? We don't know because we couldn't hear. He may have been having a go at the caddy about what a *** he himself was for dunching another shot into the water.
He was in with a shout of winning a tournament and blew it, of course he was angry.
He was venting his spleen at his caddy, who is presumably used to it by now, but we don't know what words were used or what he was saying, so how can we make a judgement call based on very little?
Wallace is petulant, we all know that, and damaging a golf course should not be tolerated, but having a heated discussion with a caddy about, we know not what, should not lead to a public flogging.
Let the caddy take it further if needs be, not us.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
He's been accused of both physical and verbal abuse, yet there is no real evidence of either.
The caddy's bib moved, but he didn't react at all leading me to think that he'd caused it himself ............................. I don't know as I can't see and, I suspect, neither can Wallace's accusers.
His verbal abuse. Yes, he looked angry and was, possibly, having some very stern words with his caddy ......................... but what words and what about? We don't know because we couldn't hear. He may have been having a go at the caddy about what a *** he himself was for dunching another shot into the water.
He was in with a shout of winning a tournament and blew it, of course he was angry.
He was venting his spleen at his caddy, who is presumably used to it by now, but we don't know what words were used or what he was saying, so how can we make a judgement call based on very little?
Wallace is petulant, we all know that, and damaging a golf course should not be tolerated, but having a heated discussion with a caddy about, we know not what, should not lead to a public flogging.

I think it's called a discussion about how Matt Wallace has conducted himself once again in the public domain. This is a super talented golfer who once again has let himself and golf down by his childish tantrums and choice language.

This is a man who has had to apologise already for slamming a putter into the 18th green just a matter of weeks ago and now he's throwing clubs about again, digging up fairways with 7 irons and conducting himself in a very negative light.

Pretty pathetic to be honest from a person in his privileged position.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

It is a golf forum tho mate.
If anything is posted that’s out of order I’m sure the mods will sort it.

It is starting to sound like a court case tho where people are demanding witnesses & links 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Do you know exactly what he said? Word for word? As Slime says, he was talking at the caddie but may have been saying things like "I'm such a ***** idiot I can't believe I've hooked it into the ***** water" etc. Absolutely pointless debating this if none of us have a clue what he even said. :ROFLMAO:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you know exactly what he said? Word for word? As Slime says, he was talking at the caddie but may have been saying things like "I'm such a ***** idiot I can't believe I've hooked it into the ***** water" etc. Absolutely pointless debating this if none of us have a clue what he even said. :ROFLMAO:

Even in this day and age of complaining about everything from cost of fuel to buying a club shirt I can't see anyone being offended by someone berating themselves.

🤔

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Can we still call him a tosser for throwing a petulant strop again?

D

Deleted member 15344

So the people on social media who heard it and complain about it are all making it up?

Yet you post another event on social media but are happy to accept that.

I'm also very surprised that a n ex "services" person like yourself can't read body language.

But the people I have seen on social media haven’t “heard” actually what he said - just seen him talking to his caddy - even the comments on the “tweets” state they don’t pick up what was actually said. A quick search via Twitter and no one has said what he actually said - just made a judgment based on what has been seen

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
But the people I have seen on social media haven’t “heard” actually what he said - just seen him talking to his caddy - even the comments on the “tweets” state they don’t pick up what was actually said. A quick search via Twitter and no one has said what he actually said - just made a judgment based on what has been seen

I think you select your sources to suit your agenda.

However let's look at the big picture, tantrums and damaging the course shall we?

D

Deleted member 15344

I think you select your sources to suit your agenda.

However let's look at the big picture, tantrums and damaging the course shall we?

Already commented on the damaging course right at the start - if he damages the course then he must be punished as that affects the whole field.

My issue wasn’t with the damaging the course it was with the accusations of physical abuse when there was no evidence to back it up - remember someone said he punched his caddy and grabbed him. And also the judgements on what he had actually said when there appears to be nothing confirming exactly what he said

And my sources are Twitter and search Matt Wallace and all the tweets are there.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Already commented on the damaging course right at the start - if he damages the course then he must be punished as that affects the whole field.

My issue wasn’t with the damaging the course it was with the accusations of physical abuse when there was no evidence to back it up - remember someone said he punched his caddy and grabbed him. And also the judgements on what he had actually said when there appears to be nothing confirming exactly what he said

And my sources are Twitter and search Matt Wallace and all the tweets are there.

So is everyone making it up about the language?

My bad.