Matt Wallace - again!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In tennis players are punished for Racket abuse.
Golf needs to stop this club throwing and abuse.
if you leave a club buried in the ground it should be a penalty stroke.
Second offence in the tournament DQ.

His caddy is paid to take abuse they know that when they sign up.
As it’s never the golfers fault!!!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't think anyone is paid to take abuse - he or she may be expected to take part in a heated discussion, but abuse is something different and not acceptable (not that McNeilly was subject to any confirmed abuse). The reality here is that Wallace was riding a crest and trending in the right direction - certainly conducting yourself like an ars* has done Kuchar no harm this year at all, so it may be where I'm going wrong.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think anyone is paid to take abuse - he or she may be expected to take part in a heated discussion, but abuse is something different and not acceptable (not that McNeilly was subject to any confirmed abuse). The reality here is that Wallace was riding a crest and trending in the right direction - certainly conducting yourself like an ars* has done Kuchar no harm this year at all, so it may be where I'm going wrong.
Abuse means different things .
If someone is paying me 10% of million pound a year he can call me what he likes.(verbal abuse).
And as stated no evidence of anything else has been shown.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't remember Monty being a serial club thrower, yes he was a moan a minute who could hear an ant farting in the next county but he was more of a moaner.
But isn't serial moaning also a sign of petulance?

I do like the idea of a tennis like racquet/club abuse protocol but I thought there was already something in place via the ET and ET players committee that fines automatically for this

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
But isn't serial moaning also a sign of petulance?

I do like the idea of a tennis like racquet/club abuse protocol but I thought there was already something in place via the ET and ET players committee that fines automatically for this

No.

This thread is about a specific course of action by a certain player. If you want to start a separate thread about "petulant" golfers feel free I also have a good few examples.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No.

This thread is about a specific course of action by a certain player. If you want to start a separate thread about "petulant" golfers feel free I also have a good few examples.
Why should I? You used the word petulance regarding Wallace and made your feelings about his behaviour at the weekend and before abundantly clear. I merely pointed out there are other forms of petulance and that over the years there have been people equally as petulant (Garcia kicking a teem marker etc). As you would say to a certain poster, if it doesn't fit with your views or agenda....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why should I? You used the word petulance regarding Wallace and made your feelings about his behaviour at the weekend and before abundantly clear. I merely pointed out there are other forms of petulance and that over the years there have been people equally as petulant (Garcia kicking a teem marker etc). As you would say to a certain poster, if it doesn't fit with your views or agenda....

Sure petal.

I'll leave you to organise your staw poll of trolleys at your club. That ought to be enough to occupy your mind while adults debate.

👍

Humpy

Visit site
After the tournament Matt tweeted something like "Great winner. Great caddy." which at the time I thought was a little odd as he doesn't usually congratulate player and caddy. Almost as if there was some hidden message. But now that tweet has been deleted. The plot thickens.

Humpy

Visit site
Be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks i.e. whether Wallace and MacNeilly part company. Can't see MacNeilly struggling to get a bag although whether it would be as profitable as Wallace's.

Wouldn't surprise me if they limp on for a few more tournaments and then split.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks i.e. whether Wallace and MacNeilly part company. Can't see MacNeilly struggling to get a bag although whether it would be as profitable as Wallace's.

Wouldn't surprise me if they limp on for a few more tournaments and then split.
I would imagine MacNeilly will wait for the Open to pass and see how Wallace's form progresses. I'm sure he'd get another bag but if Wallace is making big money and winning then will he jump ship? I guess it depends how much stick and grief he's prepared to put up with

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I don't know how caddy contracts work. Does anyone here? If it's like football manager contacts, then maybe the caddy is just holding on for a payout. If so, then fair play to him I reckon.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't know how caddy contracts work. Does anyone here? If it's like football manager contacts, then maybe the caddy is just holding on for a payout. If so, then fair play to him I reckon.
Or maybe there is really no actual issues with his relationship with the player and he is more than happy to carry on being caddy to one of Europe’s best at the moment.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Or maybe there is really no actual issues with his relationship with the player and he is more than happy to carry on being caddy to one of Europe’s best at the moment.

Don't think anyone is debating the skill of Matt Wallace, outstanding golfer. Doesn't mask the "poorer" side of his personality though.