Good Days & Bad Days, It Happens To Us All

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Played in the County Team Handicap Comp yesterday, 4 man team, 3 scores to count, handicaps 6-18.
My 3 Ball consisted of me off 11 and 2 guys off 6.
I ended up 2 over Par nett and was reasonably pleased, birdied holes 1 & 3 but had a quadruple at the 2nd.
Anyway, the 2 other guys had tough days, one of them had more bad luck in one round than anyone else I’d ever seen, 3 shouts of Fore from surrounding holes on the front 9, all at the top of his backswing, twice he hit yellow marker posts and bounced back in to the ditch, he also hit the pin with his approach twice one time going off the green into a bunker and the other stopping 2 inches from the hole for an tap in 8.
After 15 holes he declared his aim was stay below 100.
Fortunately for him, he finished with a 97, back in the Clubhouse his team mates wouldn’t believe us and thought we were on a wind up, he’d won the Monthly Medal last weekend with a 2 under par gross.
This guy kept a sense of humour, the other guy off 6 ended up 13 over, but he was slamming clubs and turning the air blue, most of his frustration was due to him being level after 6 holes then having the wheels fall off.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I also had a bad day yesterday with the goal of shooting under 100. Shot 99. Had three 360 lip outs. Two back to back. Couldn’t get up and down from anywhere. Worst score I’d shot all season by 10 shots.
I laugh it off. It happens to all of us more than once!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played in the County Team Handicap Comp yesterday, 4 man team, 3 scores to count, handicaps 6-18.
My 3 Ball consisted of me off 11 and 2 guys off 6.
I ended up 2 over Par nett and was reasonably pleased, birdied holes 1 & 3 but had a quadruple at the 2nd.
Anyway, the 2 other guys had tough days, one of them had more bad luck in one round than anyone else I’d ever seen, 3 shouts of Fore from surrounding holes on the front 9, all at the top of his backswing, twice he hit yellow marker posts and bounced back in to the ditch, he also hit the pin with his approach twice one time going off the green into a bunker and the other stopping 2 inches from the hole for an tap in 8.
After 15 holes he declared his aim was stay below 100.
Fortunately for him, he finished with a 97, back in the Clubhouse his team mates wouldn’t believe us and thought we were on a wind up, he’d won the Monthly Medal last weekend with a 2 under par gross.
This guy kept a sense of humour, the other guy off 6 ended up 13 over, but he was slamming clubs and turning the air blue, most of his frustration was due to him being level after 6 holes then having the wheels fall off.

He should know better :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
People have different ways of reacting when it goes wrong. In my youth I was a serial club chucker nut now I'm trying to learn to deal with bad shots and bad luck differently. It's not easy and we all want to go out and shoot a great score. Sometimes though, if you have a bad hole or are playing badly, it's time to realise bogey is your friend rather than chasing pars and birdies and making more mistakes. Decent shooting though Paul

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I won a club comp for the first time with 41 points a month ago. Two days earlier I recorded 23 points in a Society event. Difficult to know how I will play until I get underway.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I also had a bad day yesterday with the goal of shooting under 100. Shot 99. Had three 360 lip outs. Two back to back. Couldn’t get up and down from anywhere. Worst score I’d shot all season by 10 shots.
I laugh it off. It happens to all of us more than once!

Didn't you say the other day you played off 4 ? Maybe a different James :mmm:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed, just couldn't be bothered yesterday, though still went out, played 9 holes, no, I walked 9 holes, teed off on 6 couldn't be bothered with most so picked up, lost 3 balls, came in after the 9th came home got a take away, opened a beer and enjoyed a drink with wor lass. There's always next week.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed, just couldn't be bothered yesterday, though still went out, played 9 holes, no, I walked 9 holes, teed off on 6 couldn't be bothered with most so picked up, lost 3 balls, came in after the 9th came home got a take away, opened a beer and enjoyed a drink with wor lass. There's always next week.

Wow Dave
Such a happy tale.......cheered me up no end😜

Hope your lass has hidden all the sharp objects in the house mate......

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sounds like the 2nd unluckiest player around, behind a good friend of mine who's always saying he's either:

-Blocked out by trees,
-Unlucky his ball's sat down in the rough,
-Plugged in a bunker,
-In a ditch,
-By a tree root,
-Bounced too hard
-Bounced too soft
-Shaved the hole instead of dropping,
-Fractionally OOB,
-Found his ball after 6 minutes not 5

Etc

Notice any pattern? :rofl:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like the 2nd unluckiest player around, behind a good friend of mine who's always saying he's either:

-Blocked out by trees,
-Plugged in a bunker,
-In a ditch,
-By a tree root,
-Bounced too hard
-Bounced too soft
-Fractionally OOB,

Etc

He is playing the wrong course, that round somewhere else would have broken 80

D

Deleted member 16999

-Blocked out by trees,
-Plugged in a bunker,
-In a ditch,
-By a tree root,
-Bounced too hard
-Bounced too soft
-Fractionally OOB,

Etc

This guy made no excuses and obviously apart from the shouts blamed no one else and like I posted kept a sense of humour.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
happens to us all, in fact had a terrible day myself yesterday in out match against Nairn Dunbar, was the low man and TBH was hardly in a single hole. luckily my 12 handicap partner played vert well and we won our game 6 and 5:rofl: like your PP i had a great game a few days before, but thats golf

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to be really bad for getting angry with myself after a poor shot. Slamming clubs into the ground, etc. I know I can't be calm after a bad shot, but what I've done is allow the venting (quite a bit toned down from my younger days) and then put it behind me and try and play the next shot with a blank slate and on it's own merits. Has helped me become a bit more consistent, and I don't try the miracle shot to try to make up for the previous one and get myself into even more trouble.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
had 9 holes with a regular PP late yesterday afternoon. He has been playing out of his skin recently, and won one of our comps with 39 points earlier in the week. He scored a grand total of 5 yesterday. It's a funny old game.