Matt Wallace - again!

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't think anyone is debating the skill of Matt Wallace, outstanding golfer. Doesn't mask the "poorer" side of his personality though.

I don’t think anyone suggested it did , my post was more in response to the caddy player relationship that people appear to be judging. And I guess as we have heard nothing from the ET they did see anything going on between the two that was worthy of any sort of sanction

D

Deleted member 3432

Don't think anyone is debating the skill of Matt Wallace, outstanding golfer. Doesn't mask the "poorer" side of his personality though.
Could be interesting to have him and Tyrell Hatton out in the last group and both having a bad day!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don’t think anyone suggested it did , my post was more in response to the caddy player relationship that people appear to be judging. And I guess as we have heard nothing from the ET they did see anything going on between the two that was worthy of any sort of sanction
Or they did what any good organisation does and what ET usually does and keep it behind closed doors. We have no way of knowing what may have been said to Wallace regarding the incident and his ongoing behaviour

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Or maybe there is really no actual issues with his relationship with the player and he is more than happy to carry on being caddy to one of Europe’s best at the moment.
What do you make of the deleted tweet?
Seems a little strange to me🤷‍♂️

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do they have contracts ?
It’s up to the player he picks his man , if the caddy dosnt like his terms tough.
I think they have some form of contract. I seem to remember Billie Foster showing the one he had from Seve saying what he could and couldn't do (although Seve was legendary about being tough on caddies). Even today, there must be some sort of agreement on what they get paid (including bonuses) to stop another Kuchar/Mexican caddy incident

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No doubt the article has been through the Wallace PR machine before being issued but at least he has recognised the issue and that it is not seen well in the world of social media and that he wants to work on the issues going forward and that he and the caddy have "sorted it". Will be interesting to see how he behaves next time he's in the mix and hits a bad shot

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
saw Matt Wallace's post 3rd round Scottish Open interview and thought he came over very well.

He was full of praise for his Caddy and was very upbeat

Some will say its a PR stunt, time will tell if he repeats his past behavior, but its possible that he has seen the error of his ways and is trying to move on.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
saw Matt Wallace's post 3rd round Scottish Open interview and thought he came over very well.

He was full of praise for his Caddy and was very upbeat

Some will say its a PR stunt, time will tell if he repeats his past behavior, but its possible that he has seen the error of his ways and is trying to move on.

Was it over the top?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not at all, he came over as a very nice chap, wasnt hamming it up and seemed very natural, almost charming

For the record I do not have a man crush on him OK :eek: