Matt Wallace - again!

D

Deleted member 15344

A coach slating a player the day before the biggest Comp in golf - poor form and I suspect the only one who will look bad after this will be Cowen

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is he not allowed an opinion? Last I was aware having an opinion was not any crime in Britain.

However you may know better?
If he had this opinion, why not raise it after the incident occurred and not wait to the eve of the championship. Poor form by Cowen and funny how his own misdemeanours are conveniently forgotten. I would have thought at this stage best to say nothing and the only one looking silly is Cowen

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
If he had this opinion, why not raise it after the incident occurred and not wait to the eve of the championship. Poor form by Cowen and funny how his own misdemeanours are conveniently forgotten. I would have thought at this stage best to say nothing and the only one looking silly is Cowen

Guess it depends on when he was asked the question. He gave a refreshingly honest opinion and answer which has to be admired in todays era of "pussyfooting" about.

More disappointed in the response of the management company, attack, attack, attack - deflect, deflect, deflect.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
If you act like a child whilst in the public eye, be prepared for criticism and dont moan when it comes. I always like people who give honest answers. I highly doubt Pete Cowen would have brought this subject up without being asked his opinion on it. You cannot act like that and then not expect criticism, if it puts him off his game then he only has himself to blame.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well what's it not got to do with him?

Wasn't really a simple question you asked, probably more of a "loaded question" !

Not at all. I wasn't sure whether Cowen had been involved with Wallace in the past and possibly had an axe to grind.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cowen is a Yorkshireman and gives great interviews. Ask him a question, he will give you a straight answer, very straight. He would make a rotten diplomat but he is a fascinating interviewee. He may to start thinking a little more about which questions he answers and which he dodges though.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

'The two last worked together through the British Open, but word around the caddie ranks is that McNeilly’s loyalty is going unrewarded. He will be replaced by Jonathan Smart the next time the world No. 26 tees it up, likely the Omega Masters later this month.
Smart, who currently lists Lucas Bjerregaard on LinkedIn as his boss, was on Danny Willett’s bag for the 2016 Masters win. But he abruptly quit on Willett after the first round of the 2017 Heritage, saying he was tired of feeling like “the scapegoat when things went wrong.” '

Frying pans and fires come to mind...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I guess there are two types of caddy....
The "turn up, shut up, keep up" ones and those that want to get involved with decisions - think Bones, Billy etc.
To my mind, if a caddy wants to provide input into club/shot choice they should accept that they're going to get some flak if things go wrong.
Yes, it's down to the player to hit the shot but if the caddy has persuaded the player that his way is best, and it isn't, then the caddy is going to get it in the neck.
Obviously treatment of an employee would be scrutinized, but in any industry if you get it wrong you're going to get rollocked.
Who'd be a caddy.....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good responses from a caddy who comes across as a consummate professional.

But, if the publication wants to be taken seriously it should at least explain to the readers who Nick Pride is ............................. or just get it right!