Matchplay semi final tomorrow-Almost beaten before I start!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
CDH has only been running for 8 years so would not have his details anyway, also you have to search on CDH number or player and club, so it be very difficult to find someone unless you knew their CDH number

User20204

Visit site
Of all the comments I have read on this forum. This is one of the worst. In simple terms. The manipulation of others handicaps is helping them to win board competitions, money etc etc. They are beating you with your honest handicap, Richart with his and mine. Yet it does not bother you. Does integrity mean nothing.
My last comment on this thread. I am out.

I'm clearly missing your point or you're missing mine. Those manipulating their handicaps is their issue not mine, I play to be as low a handicap golfer as possible, why would it bother me about someone else, they ain't winning nothing off of me, I play for myself.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm clearly missing your point or you're missing mine. Those manipulating their handicaps is their issue not mine, I play to be as low a handicap golfer as possible, why would it bother me about someone else, they ain't winning nothing off of me, I play for myself.
I guess you are in 'another world'..... however it is clear that you are getting screwed by others who manipulate their H/caps.... also very damaging to our game

User20204

Visit site
I guess you are in 'another world'..... however it is clear that you are getting screwed by others who manipulate their H/caps.... also very damaging to our game

I can absolutely guarantee I ain't getting screwed by anyone. I don't play match play and I don't enter sweeps, so not sure where I'm getting screwed.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The formula used already produced a HC lower than what they shot in their HC cards they submit , and I’m sure during a presentation somewhere the majority actually go up in HC over their first year in comps - any decent HC committee should be monitoring the HC in the first 6 months at least and the first signs of the HC being too high get acted upon

Assuming said individual enters qualifying comps regularly, rather than match play comps etc.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The formula used already produced a HC lower than what they shot in their HC cards they submit , and I’m sure during a presentation somewhere the majority actually go up in HC over their first year in comps - any decent HC committee should be monitoring the HC in the first 6 months at least and the first signs of the HC being too high get acted upon

I’m well aware of that but it doesn’t address my point, which you quoted, in the slightest.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Assuming said individual enters qualifying comps regularly, rather than match play comps etc.

Slight tangent.
We've got a pairs match play semi on Sunday, the other pair are good mates who we play with regularly, one is a solid 12 handicapper the lad other off 21.
The 21 handicapper hasn't played a qualifier all year to purposely keep his handicap high (it's a been a bit of a running joke but it's not really funny now), he plays 4 times a week while working away in Bristol and hits a very good ball most of the time.
Put it this way, they haven't played past the 13th hole yet in all the previous rounds :censored:

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m well aware of that but it doesn’t address my point, which you quoted, in the slightest.

Sorry I thought it did in regards giving a lower handicap to someone ?

But if you mean the HC committee then giving even lower than what the system recommends then what method is used ? And how low do you go ?

That’s why I always thought it best to use the system - but then monitor the person’s handicap over the coming months when they play qualifiers etc - it seemed to work well with both new players and returning players with only the odd occasion where a wrong handicap was recommended.

I think looking at the big picture it works well for 99/100 golfers - there is always the one that slips through the net and even the incidents mentioned on here only one was really where someone was pulling the eyes and he was rightly dealt with

Again you can monitor that as well - clubs don’t have that many matchplay events over qualifying comps and I’m my time I haven’t come across anyone who just enters matchplays plus the bare minimum.

There are obvious high profile cases where people have been banned from national comps due to HC sandbagging

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Slight tangent.
We've got a pairs match play semi on Sunday, the other pair are good mates who we play with regularly, one is a solid 12 handicapper the lad other off 21.
The 21 handicapper hasn't played a qualifier all year to purposely keep his handicap high (it's a been a bit of a running joke but it's not really funny now), he plays 4 times a week while working away in Bristol and hits a very good ball most of the time.
Put it this way, they haven't played past the 13th hole yet in all the previous rounds :censored:

What the hell is wrong with people?

D

Deleted member 15344

Well yes but there's not a lot we can do about it.
Yes there is - if he has admitted it then the HC committee can sanction him for handicap manipulation and then DQ from any matchplays etc

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

This is what I am trying to say. Don't get me wrong. I have been beat on the golf course more times than I have won. Quite frankly I love playing golf, I love seeing " good shots" whether they are mine or a PP. But fair and square for me is fundamental to golf. Yet some folk just don't see " fair and square", they are cheating. There have been countless topics on this, and will continue to be countless topics. It stil don't make it right.

Siolag

Visit site
This is what I am trying to say. Don't get me wrong. I have been beat on the golf course more times than I have won. Quite frankly I love playing golf, I love seeing " good shots" whether they are mine or a PP. But fair and square for me is fundamental to golf. Yet some folk just don't see " fair and square", they are cheating. There have been countless topics on this, and will continue to be countless topics. It stil don't make it right.

I agree, taking extra shots in the form of handicap manipulation is exactly the same as kicking a ball to a better lie.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
[he plays 4 times a week while working away in Bristol and hits a very good ball most of the time.
Put it this way, they haven't played past the 13th hole yet in all the previous rounds :censored:[/QUOTE]

Does he work at a top secret MOD establishment to the north of the city? Could do with him in our league🤪🤪🤪