Madeleine McCann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistol Peter

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So many if's & but's here and we many never know the whole truth, I just hope the girl is safe and living a new life somewhere.

The parents for their part should be punished as the only certain thing about the whole matter is that if they had not left the children alone then this would never had happened and they need to be accountable for this.

How SILH can defend the parents and say they have done no wrong is just beyond me and I for one can't accept what he is saying, as for the child I just hope she is safe and well and getting better care than her parents were giving her.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone

"it is an offence to leave a child alone, if doing so place's him or her at risk"

"Babies, toddlers and very young children, should NEVER be left alone"

"The law says that parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised "in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering, or injury to health"

Why haven't the McCanns been prosecuted for neglecting Maddie and her siblings ?
I cannot believe that any parent would condone the actions of the McCanns.

http://www.helpfindben.co.uk/

Hardly hear a word about poor Ben Needham now.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
This is worrying that there is no consistency.

Taken from the site.

""After watching all the publicity surrounding Madeleine McCann’s disappearance and seeing all the support the McCann family were receiving from the British Government, I decided it was time that they also helped in our search for Ben. Over the years I had been told that British Police could not investigate crimes abroad and that the country of the crime would need to invite them.

British Police went to Portugal – so why not Greece? MP’s campaigned for the McCann family, so why not the Needhams’? Millions of pounds were raised in the McCann case – why not the Needhams? It seemed to the Needham family that Ben was unimportant in high places. The only people who seemed to care were his family, some members of the public and the South Yorkshire Police.""

:angry:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My god are we not all so frickin' perfect here. I can't stand the disgusting aspertions being cast here on really no basis of fact to fit a scenario some have painted in their mind. If you cannot accept that the McCanns could not possibly have foreseen their child being abducted; that the risk of a child being abducted in the context of that resort is almost disappearing small; you think that by being a short distance away and only checking every so often that this makes them negligible and culpable and worthy of a jail sentence; and that 'someone must be blamed'; then god help you all when you slip from your self-righteous perches.

It's almost funny that some take such views if it wasn't so serious. I try and stand back and take a fair, unemotional and reasoned view rather than an accusatory and fault, blame and retribution-seeking view - and I get scoffed at as if I am some weird nutcase who has completely lost grip on reality. Great.

Last edited:
G

guest100718

My god are we not all so frickin' perfect here. I can't stand the disgusting aspertions being cast here on really no basis of fact to fit a scenario some have painted in their mind. If you cannot accept that the McCanns could not possibly have foreseen their child being abducted; that the risk of a child being abducted in the context of that resort is almost disappearing small; and think that by being a short distance away and only checking every so often that this makes them negligible and culpable and worthy of a jail sentence, then god help you all when you slip from your self-righteous perches.

It's almost funny that some take such views if it wasn't so serious.

Although we don't know that she was abducted. I doubt we'll ever know what really happened.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Although we don't know that she was abducted. I doubt we'll ever know what really happened.

Of course we don't know that - sje might well have got out of bed and wandered off and got lost - fallen into the sea and drowned.

Anyway - I'm now out of this and will leave the rest of you wallow in your self-righteous indigination about the behaviour of the McCanns - enjoy. Oh and a thought - maybe a wee prayer for the McCanns from each here this evening before bed would be nice - no I thought not.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My god are we not all so frickin' perfect here. I can't stand the disgusting aspertions being cast here on really no basis of fact to fit a scenario some have painted in their mind. If you cannot accept that the McCanns could not possibly have foreseen their child being abducted; that the risk of a child being abducted in the context of that resort is almost disappearing small; you think that by being a short distance away and only checking every so often that this makes them negligible and culpable and worthy of a jail sentence; and that 'someone must be blamed'; then god help you all when you slip from your self-righteous perches.

It's almost funny that some take such views if it wasn't so serious. I try and stand back and take a fair, unemotional and reasoned view rather than an accusatory and fault, blame and retribution-seeking view - and I get scoffed at as if I am some weird nutcase who has completely lost grip on reality. Great.

Far from perfect,however I would never ever contempate leaving 2 year old twins and a 3 year old girl
on there own at night in another country.
That in my eyes means im a sensible caing parent.
There are many other things that can happen to a child wen left alone especially at a young age.
Im sure your far from a nutcase,but these people were irresponsible parents that night.
I for one cant see how you cant see that.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't really want to get involved in this thread too much, but I'm having a few problems comparing the general consensus on this thread with recent experiences whilst abroad. Having recently returned from a similar type resort as the one in Portugal, My wife and I regularly commented on the actions of a sizable minority of parents. We saw children wandering around unsupervised throughout the day and Night while groups were sat eating/drinking. These children were as young as 2/3 and were seemingly allowed the run of the complex (including 4 Pools) till well after myself, my wife and our 2 young'uns (5&9) went to bed.

I suppose there can only be one explanation. None of the parents were Forum frequenting Golfers...

Maybe my wife and I are overly cautious. We've never left our kids unsupervised, either at home or on holiday. In fact, I can't understand why people wouldn't take their kids out with them at night when abroad. It's one of the things I love about going on holiday. The fact that the kids can come out with us for a meal till late.

Despite this though, I still think that the McCann's should be given a little more compassion than has been shown on here at points. I understand most peoples views, I just disagree with some of them..

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it not a FACT that they left their three kids alone in their apartment whilst they went and had dinner in a Tapas Bar

Is it not a FACT that they did it every night they were there

Is it not a FACT that whilst they were not in the Apartment their child went missing

They are the FACTS that people are using

The first FACT is the one that they should be charged with as per the laws of child protection

Do you deny any of those facts

You said that leaving them alone was understandable - please enlighten me why it was understandable

You also tried to compare the James Bulger incident when it's factually different

And finally do you yourself have children and would you leave them alone like the McCanns did

Pistol Peter

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I think you are missing the point here Mr H, most parents and going by the response on here nobody would leave their children alone in their own house never mind a foreign hotel/apartment and if they did and the authorities found out then they would be charged as its an offence. They had no other reason to leave them other than to have a drink at a local pub/restaurant, now how is that classed as good parenting.

Would this have happened if they had stayed in the apartment or indeed spent a few quid on getting someone to watch the children, nope I think not. I ask you Mr H would you leave your young children in the same situation so you could have a wee dram with your friends because from what I read of your posts you seem to think that it is acceptable and the done thing to do.

The whole truth of the matter is that if they had acted as responsible parents this little girl would still be with them that I am sure.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven't read every single post so please accept my apologies if this has been mentioned before but IF and I believe it is a mammoth IF the child is ever found do the authorities hand her back to parents that could not be bothered looking after her properly in the first place?

D

Deleted member 15344

Not a fact Phil.

So when did the child go missing ?

It was between 21:05 and 22:00

The husband checked at 21:05 and it's possible the abductor was hiding in the room then

At 21:30 a family friend went I check but didn't actually see Maddy

And at 22:00 They reported her missing

So when did she go missing if she didn't when they went in the apt

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

The husband checked at 21:05 and it's possible the abductor was hiding in the room then

I think he's alluding to the possibility that they were in the apartment when she went "missing", he just didn't have the guts to say it. Hiding behind casual accusations.. Poor form... Apologies if im wrong obviously..

Fish

Banned
Visit site

The only provable fact in that list is when it was reported, everything else is the word and times of the parents

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't read every single post so please accept my apologies if this has been mentioned before but IF and I believe it is a mammoth IF the child is ever found do the authorities hand her back to parents that could not be bothered looking after her properly in the first place?

Now we really have hit rock bottom.

D

Deleted member 15344

The only provable fact in that list is when it was reported, everything else is the word and times of the parents

And the friends who also went to check on the kids

I don't trust Kate McCann but I don't believe they directly had a hand in her disappearing - that's pushing the boundaries a little bit because they doesn't appear to be much evidence to back anything like that up

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he's alluding to the possibility that they were in the apartment when she went "missing", he just didn't have the guts to say it. Hiding behind casual accusations.. Poor form... Apologies if im wrong obviously..

No casual accusations bluewolf. I'm just calling people out on using the word "fact" indiscriminantly. Unless there is sufficient evidence to prove anything then nothing is a fact.
I'm not implying they did anything, but we don't know what actually happened. Therefore these times that are thrown around are not fact. Sorry to be pedantic.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
No casual accusations bluewolf. I'm just calling people out on using the word "fact" indiscriminantly. Unless there is sufficient evidence to prove anything then nothing is a fact.
I'm not implying they did anything, but we don't know what actually happened. Therefore these times that are thrown around are not fact. Sorry to be pedantic.

Fair point mate. As I said, apologies if I'm wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.