Brussels sprouts

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As long as they are not 'murdered' but are cooked thoroughly (an X in the stem does the trick) then they are fine by me - especially if a small amount of sugar is added to the water they are boiled in!

Love every part of Coriander (leaves, stem and roots) btw! Part of my seed sowing regime, though results were pretty pitiful in 2015!

D

Deleted member 15344

recipe for sprouts.

place sprouts in pan of water ,bring to boil and simmer for twenty minutes ,strain off the water and then place sprouts into a carrier bag ,place said bag in the dustbin,
sprouts....spawn of the devil.

Wouldn't waste twenty mins boiling them

Straight into the bin :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The foods of god's, I love them, I will happily sacrifice any other veg to get more of them on my plate :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Back in the day, My Gran would do a big Roast for Sunday lunch when we visited.
She would prepare bucket loads of sprouts and watch, with a huge grin on her face, as I ploughed my way through the lot.
Food of the Gods.....

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Over cooked they do smell and taste not the best... Cooked with a bit of bite still, tossed in a little butter, salt, black pepper maybe some nutmeg and some pancetta and damn, you have one of the finest accompaniments known to man.

Isn't all that just hiding the hidiousness of them?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the few veg I don't grow... Despite being easy to do so...
No one else in the house is in the least bit interested in them...
Fortunately a neighbour grows them and I can help my self when I fancy some...
He did a purple variety this year... So far so good...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Best recipe I know of:

Chop sprouts into strips, mix with small pieces of bacon (pre-fried) and chopped sweet chestnuts.

Put a big knob of butter with some water in a frying pan, bring to boil until you have a froth and then add the mix, put a lid on and cook on a high heat until tender (regular stir and taste so you don't overdo them!)

DELICIOUS! :p
Even the kids love it and have been asking if I'll be making it for Christmas dinner again.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Always hated sprouts. A tradition in our house on Christmas Day is for my kids to put one sprout on my plate to see if I am tempted. I never have been and never will be!