LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The easier pace of both tournaments and the three days may help focus more on the majors, so from that aspect, aside from the obvious financial element, it could be a very shrewd move from him. Similar thinking from Hovland I gather, who clearly lost interest in the PGAT after his Fedex high last year. He should be announcing his move tomorrow. Joint press conference with McIlroy and Normal apparently.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
So, just more spin and deflection from the LiV misinformation machine.

Deflection from none of their players being in contention at The Masters maybe?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So, just more spin and deflection from the LiV misinformation machine.

Deflection from none of their players being in contention at The Masters maybe?

What was the source of the story?

The fact that it's dominated the news over Scotties dominance and Tiger completing 4 rounds should actually be pretty worrying for the PGAT

C7usk

Visit site

The fact that it's dominated the news over Scotties dominance and Tiger completing 4 rounds should actually be pretty worrying for the PGAT
It's not dominated any news I've been reading.. As mentioned above.. It's click bait propaganda rubbish.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's not dominated any news I've been reading.. As mentioned above.. It's click bait propaganda rubbish.
Between the Rory story, and that Norman was in at the Masters to finalise a deal to hold a LIV tournament there once a year, no smoke without fire though.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

It didn’t really dominate although that was the intention. The fact it was fed to who it was tells you all you need to know about the credibility of the story.

They tried with the Norman having to buy a ticket story, to deflect from the golf, but it was largely ignored. In fact it was mostly ridiculed and went away when they realised telling the story meant none of the LiV players gave him one of their 8 or 12 comp tickets.

Like I have said before, their machine is geared to generate noise, no matter whether true or not.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It didn’t really dominate although that was the intention. The fact it was fed to who it was tells you all you need to know about the credibility of the story.

They tried with the Norman having to buy a ticket story, to deflect from the golf, but it was largely ignored. In fact it was mostly ridiculed and went away when they realised telling the story meant none of the LiV players gave him one of their 8 or 12 comp tickets.

Like I have said before, their machine is geared to generate noise, no matter whether true or not.

Are you implying the story was made up and fed to City Am - and then fed to Tom at Flushing It, so he could share it - just to try and overshadow the Masters results?

It's a shame Rory's come out and poured water on the matter now - it would have been a decent diversion for the poor viewing numbers that are now being scrutinised by all sides of the media.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another -pack of tosh from the LIV spin bots desperate to inject life into a second rate concept. For all the money spent is it really that further forward with limited coverage, limited interest and no access to the majors for the majority of their talent

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Is there a way of muting the term "LIV Spin bots" from the thread so I don't have to keep seeing all the comments from the Liv Spin bot spin bots.... 😂

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've posted this before, but hey it's been a while 🤷‍♂️.

This thread is sustained by anti liv posters. There are more anti liv posts than pro liv posts.

The irony of anti liv posts about pro liv spin is huge.

I can't be bothered to dig out a proper face palm picture so you'll just have to imagine one better than this🤦‍♂️

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've posted this before, but hey it's been a while 🤷‍♂️.

This thread is sustained by anti liv posters. There are more anti liv posts than pro liv posts.
Is it though ?

It seems to me, it goes dormant for periods at a time. LIVites are normally the ones to bring it to the fore again, usually with a quite or X link to something pro LIV/fromaLIBbot, that turns out to be nonsense or deliberate fake news. A bit like LIV itself and the need to remind, with spurious 'stories', that it still exists. LIV critics are more numerous as you say, so they pile in to shoot down whatever ludicrous spin is bein spun. Its shooting fish in a barrel easy usually.

To me, that shows the overwhelming condemning of LIV, not that LIV critics sustain the thread.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it though ?

It seems to me, it goes dormant for periods at a time. LIVites are normally the ones to bring it to the fore again, usually with a quite or X link to something pro LIV/fromaLIBbot, that turns out to be nonsense or deliberate fake news. A bit like LIV itself and the need to remind, with spurious 'stories', that it still exists. LIV critics are more numerous as you say, so they pile in to shoot down whatever ludicrous spin is bein spun. Its shooting fish in a barrel easy usually.

To me, that shows the overwhelming condemning of LIV, not that LIV critics sustain the thread.
There may be one positive LIV post, heaven forbid, and then 4 posts piling in. 4-1..........and yet pro liv are keeping this going?

You think it is shooting fish in a barrel? You need to read back more of the posts. The blind posting of anti liv is no better, it really isn't. In between, on both sides, there is some decent stuff. Outside of that though............

D-S

Visit site
Perhaps there needs to be an 'Actual News on LIV' thread as I really don't care about rumours and scare stories but if something has really happened I would be more interested than the eternal squabbling over fake news.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I thought Liv having 4 players T12 or better and 2 in the top 6 was a decent showing considering their low percentage of the field ?

There was no big deal made of the LIV players performance or results at The Open, which from memory was much poorer than The Masters relatively.

It’s just another angle to attack LIV.

Rahm and Koepka underperformed, Bryson was the kind of entertainment that any tournament will benefit from, but sadly faded over the weekend - but had a strong finishing position, as did Cam, and Hatton - Joaco fared reasonably well also. Majors are tough.