LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1147

1st post so be gentle and probably going in at the deep end on this thread 😲

I'm new to golf, only started playing during covid 3 years ago.

I'm hooked on playing the game and watching the game now.

I've found reading through this thread fascinating.

I watch Euro and USA golf on Sky.

I really enjoy watching Liv, the format doesn't bother me, in fact i prefer it's shorter more compact viewing time and there are some great golfers to watch all at the same time.

Not really bought into the team thing yet or picked a team to follow but I probably will at some point, probably Rahm's team as he is my fave golfer.

Maybe it's different for me as a new to the game golfer..
Like you say, as a newbie to the game you may well have a different outlook and perspective on watching golf.
People like me who have spent 30 odd years watching and enjoying the status quo there is no need to change as we already love the product.

Enjoy & welcome to the forum

MACM85

Visit site
What happened to Wyndham Clark? Thought he was moving over

Hatton is a good player on his day. For me I find him to be too much of a spoilt little kid with all the tantrums and stuff on the course

Fore Right

Visit site
Like you say, as a newbie to the game you may well have a different outlook and perspective on watching golf.
People like me who have spent 30 odd years watching and enjoying the status quo there is no need to change as we already love the product.

Enjoy & welcome to the forum
Thanks James

It seems to me that Liv golf isnt aimed at the older traditional golfer.

D

Deleted member 15344

Thanks James

It seems to me that Liv golf isnt aimed at the older traditional golfer.
Guess it would depend on what’s a “traditional” golfer.

Golf over the last 3/4 years has had a massive boom because of Covid more than anything and then clubs etc have worked hard to keep them in golf clubs

Most of the guys that we have seen join the club are more from the 20-40 age ranges but very little of them actually watch golf ( maybe the odd major ) - when it comes to watching sport they go for others - football , rugby etc

This weekend was a Junior County tour event and was interesting that they as well wanted to watch the football after , very little interest in watching

Golf as a participation sport right now is doing very well

Looking ar viewing figures in the UK as an example as I think the highest Sky have ever had is 3.5 mil

The most viewed golf event every year is the Masters - in the US it’s around 10mil viewers in the UK it may just hit 1mil

Not sure what LIVs are these days as they stopped giving them out but last year their first event was an average of 500k each day , about the same as the Major League Football etc , before they stopped giving out their figures the average had dropped to under 400k

A lot of its down to dilution and poor product - most golf fans just don’t watch that much of the sport and then when they do it’s mainly the events that matter - majors , Ryder cup and maybe the odd event

D

Deleted member 15344

Is the Hatton move official? I've seen rumours but nothing firm at this point.

It’s as official as Meronk at the moment - guess LIV are waiting for some team announcement etc to make it official

Hatton is an interesting one , very much a marmite golfer but I enjoyed watching him play on the ET events

He will be in the same boat as the likes of Gooch etc now - will be in the majors for this season but will need to play well in them to be in for next season.

£50mil - that’s over double what he had earned in his career - solid pro but not won for a couple years

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There are rumours also doing the rounds that a deal or other big announcement may be coming from the PGAT which has got a few of the LiV bots in a tizz this morning as they don’t appear to know anything about it.

Also, £50mil for Hatton is a great deal for him. But continues to demonstrate the product isn’t good enough to attract players without a massive payoff upfront.

I actually enjoy watching Hatton so it will be a shame to see him go. Maybe we’ll finally get some honest from a player who has cashed out.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
James Corrigan of the Telegraph is a marmite writer, but he doesn't usually put stuff out unless he's confident about its accuracy. Presumably they'll announce Meronk, Hatton and the legendary Surratt at the same time.

£50 million is a heck of a lot of money. No surprise he's accepted. I wonder how long it will take for him to see all of it.