LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'd have thought LIV supporters would be jumping up and down at the impending announcement of Thomas Pieters joining but it seems they either haven't noticed or are too busy arguing....

It’s literally just breaking news, and I’ve been driving through France all day.

Tres magnifique.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why are you associating golfers with the murder of a journalist?
Are you making the same point with regard to Newcastle United and their fans, or Rick Shiels ?

You appeared to have ignored a number of points

And yes the same points where made about Newcastle , Joshua or indeed any sporting body that takes money from any middle east state

So again - which bunch of golfers are currently creating the lawsuits

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just when you think the whataboutery can’t get any more comical.

Looks like LiV have signed another top player, and self entitled whinger. One would have thought the LiV fans would have been singing from the rooftops, but no, they are talking about tampons 🤣.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The existence of the multiple law suits is the point I was making.

The fact you thought I was comparing you to Hitler probably means I shouldn't bother engaging.

Well Ian, I said something, and you replied by stating “That’s like Adolf saying….”

If that’s not comparing me to Hitler, I do apologise.

But a blind man on a galloping horse etc…

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just when you think the whataboutery can’t get any more comical.

Looks like LiV have signed another top player, and self entitled whinger. One would have thought the LiV fans would have been singing from the rooftops, but no, they are talking about tampons 🤣.

Indeed - he’s a quality player, and a shoe in for The Ryder Cup - maybe he knows more than us plebs about how that is going to pan out.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This popped up on my Twitter feed this evening. Could this be the beginning of the end of the LIV lawsuit? They didn't seem very keen when they were told to comply with discovery earlier in the case so I can't see them being any keener to do so now. Will they now try to back out of the case, and if so how will that work with the counter suit from the PGA?

1676742502340.png

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
If Pieters goes to LIV, surely thats a blow to the DP Tour.
Obviously it makes no odds to the PGA, but the DP Tour need to keep as many players as possible in my opinion, especially top 50 players.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously it makes no odds to the PGA, but the DP Tour need to keep as many players as possible in my opinion, especially top 50 players.

All depends on the outcome of the court case. It could be that Pieters is allowed to continue playing on the DP Tour, it would just mean that he would in all likelihood play fewer events, which would also be balanced to some degree if other high profile LIV players also played on the tour.

D

Deleted member 15344

He was desperate to leave and play on the PGAT more hence his little strop during the week when he wasn’t invited to play at Riveria

he is a decent golfer but certainly not any sort of name that will get people watching

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
All depends on the outcome of the court case. It could be that Pieters is allowed to continue playing on the DP Tour, it would just mean that he would in all likelihood play fewer events, which would also be balanced to some degree if other high profile LIV players also played on the tour.

I get that, but could this be an issue going forward, where European based players would rather play LIV golf than the DP Tour.
This allegiance is all a bit of a farce in my opinion, Pelley has made a dogs dinner of all this.

D

Deleted member 15344

He's decent I suppose, only Number 34 in the world.

Which was because he won the ET tour Championship about 18 months ago which jumped him up the rankings

He is another Quiros , Colsearts etc - a decent European Tour player who will win on tour every now and then - but he isn’t what you would call one of the big tour players

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute garbage.

This is the thing

No matter where in the world someone is in the rankings they instantly become rubbish when they go to Liv.

That's the rules apparently

If woods went today the following over on Liv would be amazing.woods is golf. But everyone would just say how he finished

If rahm and Rory went the same fans would be claiming their past it and Rory hasn't won a major in years so is no loss

The anti Liv stance from people who don't like it is hilarious, it's like everyone else must agree with them that it's rubbish.

One of my PP hates liv , he rants about it like no tomorrow..he seems to pay more attention to it than those who watch it

It's hilarious

Harry Putter

Visit site
Which was because he won the ET tour Championship about 18 months ago which jumped him up the rankings

He is another Quiros , Colsearts etc - a decent European Tour player who will win on tour every now and then - but he isn’t what you would call one of the big tour players

So yes, a decent player but a journeyman.... contrary to @BrianM's tosh.