LIV Golf

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Apparently Dean Burmester is LIV-bound to join Louis's Team..

And a whole lot of people are going..."Sorry, who?"
😬
Think I posted a while back I thought they'd be 'shopping' in the 50 - 100 arena.

To be fair a load post that for most things.
What was quite funny were the comments on the Pieters tweet/story, assuming he was in LIV - plenty of the usual comments.

D

Deleted member 21445

Jed Morgan being named on Ripper GC.
And in particular David Puig being named on Torque GC when he has come out and said he only has a 6 month contract both seem odd to me.

Then reports today that 2 players currently playing at Riveria are being announced by Liv next week.

Jason Day or Lucas Herbert to Ripper? #Aussies
Emilano Grillo to Torque GC? #Latinos

Based on nothing more than conjecture..
Jason Day would be a significant name.
The others not so much although in the top 100 OWGR

🤔🤔🤔

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Apparently Dean Burmester is LIV-bound to join Louis's Team..

And a whole lot of people are going..."Sorry, who?"
😬
And in particular David Puig being named on Torque GC when he has come out and said he only has a 6 month contract both seem odd to me.

Then reports today that 2 players currently playing at Riveria are being announced by Liv next week.

Jason Day would be a significant name..

🤔🤔🤔
I seem to remember predicting this would be when the recruits would be announced! Timing designed to maximise effect (nothing wrong with that really, I'm just being cynical). Just like the drip feed of teams - which don't do anything for me, even if becoming more 'country' focused!

D

Deleted member 21445

Liv now seem to be saying the You Tube coverage is going to continue.

That says to me they haven't managed to secure a UK TV Deal ?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Could just be the PGAT playing LIV at their own rumour game, but does seem the mood music is Koepka flying a kite to see how overtures to a negotiated return might be received PGAT side. How many would be likely to follow if a pathway to return to the fold were established ?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Jason Day would be a significant name.

🤔🤔🤔

Pretty sure you can rule Jason Day out. Hes back playing decent golf and said he was happy playing on the PGA tour. Also said who knows what the future holds but for now happy with the PGA tour.

I cant remember when I seen this but it wasnt that long ago.

Swango1980

Visit site
Pretty sure you can rule Jason Day out. Hes back playing decent golf and said he was happy playing on the PGA tour. Also said who knows what the future holds but for now happy with the PGA tour.

I cant remember when I seen this but it wasnt that long ago.
He's still only 35. A move to LIV makes more sense in a decade or so, assuming it is still a thing :)

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Curious! :rolleyes: What would he do if not extended, as PGAT isn't possible and access to DPWT still hasn't been decided yet! Asian Tour seem the only alternative, which might actually suit his ranking, but not his potential!

D

Deleted member 21445

Curious! :rolleyes: What would he do if not extended, as PGAT isn't possible and access to DPWT still hasn't been decided yet! Asian Tour seem the only alternative, which might actually suit his ranking, but not his potential!

I think the fringe players like David Puig fully understand its a short term opportunity to

- earn more money than they ever dreamed possible for where they are in the game presently - $120,000 for last place - For context to earn more than that in the current DPWT Thailand Classic you have to come 3rd.
- Play their way into a stronger position within the tour - if they had regular top finishes a new contract could arrive.

But also fully understanding (probably expecting) if any top players from PGA Tour come across someone has to fall through the exit door and off to the Asian Tour they go where Liv is investing in purses that are at least equal to the DPWT.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
He's still only 35. A move to LIV makes more sense in a decade or so, assuming it is still a thing :)
I believe you should lose the 'LIV = oldies pre Seniors' attitude. While it certainly applies to some, I believe they've filled their quota of that category! And it was an obvious (perhaps even the only) group for them to target, at least initially, anyway!

Swango1980

Visit site
I believe you should lose the 'LIV = oldies pre Seniors' attitude. While it certainly applies to some, I believe they've filled their quota of that category! And it was an obvious (perhaps even the only) group for them to target, at least initially, anyway!
I agree, although I've never once ever said it is just a pre Seniors' tour to be fair. It also has some youngsters that no one has ever heard of, some guys in their 20's/30's who've never really made it on the other tours and 3 or 4 top golfers who've jumped at the chance at getting easy money. Definitely a nice mixture of golfers in LIV.

My comments were simply related to Jason Day, who obviously has been a very good golfer, and is perhaps showing signs he might be hitting some form again / overcoming injury problems. However, given his injury record, joining LIV might actually be a very good professional decision, especially if he doesn't think he can get back to the player he once was at his peak. So I certainly wouldn't rule the move out.

D

Deleted member 21445

Liv delay naming final team line ups till Monday because

They are announcing players currently playing at Riviera ?
Tiger made the cut and know they wont max out their media release ?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Or maybe even LIV recognises how ludicrous the team thing is, and they cant be bothered while more interested in watching the Genesis ?

AussieKB

Visit site
Or maybe even LIV recognises how ludicrous the team thing is, and they cant be bothered while more interested in watching the Genesis ?
Have Genesis live on Foxtel (OZ) and yet to watch any.....but am watching Thailand and Qatar, just love watching Pro's play in tough conditions, think it's about time The Open has a week of awful weather, what fun I have watching that.

D

Deleted member 21445

BBC drops all Masters Coverage 🙈 to save money.

Liv should defo offer their coverage for free for a season to The BBC.

BBC get high end golf back on their broadcast for no cost.
Liv get huge UK exposure for their tour.

D

Deleted member 15344

BBC drops all Masters Coverage 🙈 to save money.

Liv should defo offer their coverage for free for a season to The BBC.

BBC get high end golf back on their broadcast for no cost.
Liv get huge UK exposure for their tour.
BBC won’t touch it - it’s far too toxic