LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1147

No doubt, this event was a huge leap forward for their tour.
Crowds were a lot bigger , great atmosphere which may be a sign of people starting to embrace the tour a little more.
As mentioned by someone earlier, the stronger field with more respected top players really elevated the viewing experience.
In retrospect Cam Smiths signing is way more significant than I thought at the time of announcement.
I hope they do sign with a streaming service when they get their TV deal, I really like the non stop no ads coverage.

I thought it was telling that DJ said in his post win press conference that the fields were going to be even stronger next year...
Read into that comment as much as you like....
I think avoiding ads is one of the most important things for LIV.
With everyone out on the course it would be very annoying if ads occurred any time other than during Kevin Na's PSR

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Watching for ‘free’ on YouTube is great
No advertisements is great
Shotgun start and non-stop ‘condensed’ action is great

Don’t understand the complaint about there being no talk of money..?
It matters to me not a jot whether the winner wins $1, $10 or $1 million - it certainly doesn’t impact my viewing experience lack of commentator talk over how much an already-multi-millionaire is going to win..

I enjoy the aesthetic value of good golfers hitting great shots on attractive courses, not how much they win or how much they win is talked about over comms!

Just meant the whole thing is all about the money, which is why I haven't bothered with it, but then they didn't mention it as though it was a vulgar subject. I am quite intrigued as to how much someone was paid after playing nine holes in 52 shots

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Here's a revolutionary idea. Use Google if you don't know.

Here was me thinking journalism was about research and investigation. Obviously spoon fed ignorance is the easier option.

Then again it's not really surprising that the press are still running with the anti LIV agenda.

Doesn't require a lot of investigation - the whole concept is built around money, and gloating about it, and then they don't mention it which was weird.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Doesn't require a lot of investigation - the whole concept is built around money, and gloating about it, and then they don't mention it which was weird.

Ahhhh - the mask has slipped now. Let's see how your position changes if Today's Golfer (for example other publications exist I believe) come and offer you more money to do less work.

Doesn't require much investigation yet you refused to do it, just came on with your press lead agenda to bash LIV.

No wonder I've not bought a golf magazine in 10+ years.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I didn't think you being at all racist

Correct I'm not yet you wish to use me being Scottish against me when all I pointed out was the capitulation of Westwood told on him.

Someone said you could see how much the win meant to Wilson. It was clear how downbeat Westwood was after he failed to make the playoff after his sublime golf. Not really the reaction of someone who is only there for money.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is entertaining on this thread is that it’s the same comments…. Over….. and over…… and over!

It’s quite clear there are varying ends of the spectrum and people have decided which side they’re on, it would be nice is we actually looked at the level of golf being played away from the sports washing Bla Bla Bla comments as clearly they are going no where.

And what’s a liv-bot?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Correct I'm not yet you wish to use me being Scottish against me when all I pointed out was the capitulation of Westwood told on him.

Someone said you could see how much the win meant to Wilson. It was clear how downbeat Westwood was after he failed to make the playoff after his sublime golf. Not really the reaction of someone who is only there for money.

Maybe it was the realisation that he’s go no bottle after choking in an exhibition event. He may have just thought it was the majors he choked in.

Springveldt

Visit site
What is entertaining on this thread is that it’s the same comments…. Over….. and over…… and over!

It’s quite clear there are varying ends of the spectrum and people have decided which side they’re on, it would be nice is we actually looked at the level of golf being played away from the sports washing Bla Bla Bla comments as clearly they are going no where.

And what’s a liv-bot?
I believe that is anyone that doesn't think the PGA Tour is the be all and end all of golf.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What has my nationality got to do with it? Bitter disgusting post. Why bring it up other than to provoke or be racist?

Give over. Why have we not seen you jump to the defence of Americans every time someone refers to them as yanks. Usually in some derogatory way.

Your contributions are generally quite abrasive and obviously, but quite poorly intended to cause argument.

Maybe go outside and take a nice big deep breath.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

They've mentioned money plenty of times in previous rounds, and taken criticism for it. LIV have repeatedly said they'll refine the product until they get it right, and I guess now they feel there's no need to drive home the prize money aspect .

So maybe the whole concept isn't about money and gloating about it?