LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Same in our club. What we did was allow them play 54 holes rather than 72, and grouped them in little teams with cool names that really appeal to that age group. They love the game now thats its no longer a 72 hole thing with no teams that was just so middle aged fuddy duddies.

RRidges

Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like Bridgestone have dropped Bryson.
Mickleson has lost most of his sponsers and Callaway have “paused” their player contract

There have been loads of pictures with the players shirts etc where they normally are covered in sponsor labels but most have gone with a few just having “Saudi Golf” now

AussieKB

Visit site
Mickleson has lost most of his sponsers and Callaway have “paused” their player contract

There have been loads of pictures with the players shirts etc where they normally are covered in sponsor labels but most have gone with a few just having “Saudi Golf” now
Has anyone ever gone out and bought something because a golfer was advertising something on his shirt ?
I know I haven't, but hey I am sure there must be people out there who do.

Swango1980

Visit site
Has anyone ever gone out and bought something because a golfer was advertising something on his shirt ?
The obvious answer to that is yes. Otherwise you know something that the biggest brands in the world do not, and you could save them millions, if not billions, by telling them to not bother. People may not go out and directly buy something because they see a logo (and some do), but the very fact the logo is there will mean that it becomes recognisable to many, and so when they do go out an buy a shirt, they may consciously or subconsciously have some sort of bias towards that particular brand.

D

Deleted member 3432

As a sponsor of a WGC event and Senior Major Bridgestone were always going to ditch BDC, no business sense to do otherwise.

I bet 90% of golfers were unaware of which ball he used anyway, same with Tiger and which ball he plays.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In financial terms no; in terms of making a statement about how the sponsors feel about the LIV Tour it is loud and clear.
I think they will be quoting Catherine Tate at this point. As Beezerk has pointed out, the stance of sponsors is frequently temporary, others step in. JT was a pariah but is now fully plastered with logos, clothing sponsor again.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t think that’s the point is it ?‍♂️

Companies pay the players a lot of more to “advertise” their company and golf companies pay a lot to make these players staff players

If sponsoring the players has no benefit for the companies then why do they do it ?‍♂️

And yes some people will buy ping , titleist, TM etc because some players use them

Right now the exposure for those companies is negative for some hence why moving away from the players

D

Deleted member 1418

I don’t think that’s the point is it ?‍♂️

Companies pay the players a lot of more to “advertise” their company and golf companies pay a lot to make these players staff players

If sponsoring the players has no benefit for the companies then why do they do it ?‍♂️

And yes some people will buy ping , titleist, TM etc because some players use them

Right now the exposure for those companies is negative for some hence why moving away from the players

You've forgotten to add that as part of sponsorship a player will do a number of personal appearances at sponsors events, whether golf days or other events for staff/clients.

So you can see why a number of big global brands are dropping the LIV players as they're thinking of their wider business interests.

Springveldt

Visit site
Personally I think a lot of the sponsorship stuff that has been dropped will be redone at a cheaper rate later. Most will be using the contract clauses of being seen on the PGA Tour with the stuff to get a cheaper deal with the player.

You have Bridgestone dropping BdC while they have been in business for over 70 years in Saudi Arabia, even proudly live streaming the celebration event a few years ago.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally I think a lot of the sponsorship stuff that has been dropped will be redone at a cheaper rate later. Most will be using the contract clauses of being seen on the PGA Tour with the stuff to get a cheaper deal with the player.

You have Bridgestone dropping BdC while they have been in business for over 70 years in Saudi Arabia, even proudly live streaming the celebration event a few years ago.

Just goes with the current trend of virtue signalling, no matter how hypocritical it may be.