LIV Golf

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Everyone needs to try a lot harder

Everyone or just a certain few? As per the political threads that we can no longer discuss, it seems to be a few that cause the problem rather than the many.

Sorry Phil, I appreciate the problems you face and the unpaid efforts you put in, but it seems to be the same issue as before, just in a different thread.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Everyone or just a certain few? As per the political threads that we can no longer discuss, it seems to be a few that cause the problem rather than the many.

Sorry Phil, I appreciate the problems you face and the unpaid efforts you put in, but it seems to be the same issue as before, just in a different thread.

So help us out and report stuff that oversteps the mark ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Given that Tom Watson, who is older than Greg Norman, is playing, I think you might be mistaken.
Is Watson actually playing in The Open though? Or 'merely' The Celebrations of Champions at The Open?
https://www.theopen.com/latest/celebration-of-the-champions-tee-announcements-150th-open
Interesting way to spend his honeymoon! https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...cbs-executive-leslie-anne-wade-golf/50472137/
Btw. The above article states he retired from competitive golf in 2019, so I wouldn't expect him to be taking a place that would be available to a 'proper' competitor. He's not that sort of guy!

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Everyone needs to try a lot harder

Is Watson actually playing in The Open though? Or 'merely' The Celebrations of Champions at The Open?
https://www.theopen.com/latest/celebration-of-the-champions-tee-announcements-150th-open
Interesting way to spend his honeymoon! https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...cbs-executive-leslie-anne-wade-golf/50472137/
Btw. The above article states he retired from competitive golf in 2019, so I wouldn't expect him to be taking a place that would be available to a 'proper' competitor. He's not that sort of guy!

Dear Fragger, please accept my my apologies for not trying harder.

Foxtroller, neither Daly nor Oosthuizen have been invited to play in The Open; they are qualified as previous Champions under the age of 60. They have however been invited to take part in the Celebration of Champions, something which Greg Norman did not receive an invitation to; quite the opposite in fact.

The posts you quoted were made whilst the Celebration of Champions was on, and haven't mentioned The Open. That they referred to the Celebration of Champions should have been blindingly obvious to anyone except to a utter pedant who is looking to score points. Rather than take the posts at face value, you've looked beyond anything actually there to try and put someone else down in your usual supercilious fashion. Any chance you could Fox off to somewhere that your superiority complex & nitpicking over the use of the English language might be appreciated?

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Dear Fragger, please accept my my apologies for not trying harder.

Foxtroller, neither Daly nor Oosthuizen have been invited to play in The Open; they are qualified as previous Champions under the age of 60. They have however been inivited to take part in the Celebration of Champions, something which Greg Norman did not receive an invitation to; quite the opposite in fact.

The posts you quoted were made whilst the Celebration of Champions was on, and haven't mentioned The Open. That they referred to the Celebration of Champions should have been blindingly obvious to anyone except to a utter pedant who is looking to score points. Rather than take the posts at face value, you've looked beyond anything actually there to try and put someone else down in your usual supercilious fashion. Any chance you could Fox off to somewhere that your superiority complex & nitpicking over the use of the English language might be appreciated?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the 'apology'!
And in return, I my apologies for simply reading what you posted, instead of reading your mind.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've no particular interest in it, but I think it's to much to expect sportsmen to have a conscience when the government of both UK and US have none when it comes to The Saudis.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
View attachment 43462

Tiger Woods sums it up

Sums up the negative/ anti LIV view yeah.

Theres still something in it I think... It needs some work and some time - but a shorter format of Cricket worked wonders for the game. Why can't a shorter format of golf have a place?

Kids these days have attention spans so short that 72 hole golf just cant be the only way forward.