LIV Golf

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Twitter is quite amusing right now

All the LiV bots are going mental about the Presidents Cup

Complaining about none of the LiV players there , complaining about commercials and going mad at the PGAT

all a bit confusing - why are they bothered ? They have no interest in the PGAT who are the root of all evil

They are just lack the self awareness of the reasons why the LiV players aren’t playing and just like Mel all the blame is on the PGAT and of course LIV have done nothing wrong

It will be amazing the day one of them actually states - Yes we are in this situation because of the actions of LIV

and they also don’t seem to be aware that commercials are needed for events when they aren’t backed by a bottomless pit of money.
You’ve got no interest in Liv but you’ve been vocal now for the last 2 months solid.
Do you ever read back some of the crap you write.

D

Deleted member 21445

Been told by my friend (Coach on tour) #ForReal
Intel on last 6 movers was spot on..

A top 5 player in OWGR going to Liv next..
Pretty easy to work out who it is...... If Intel is correct..
Patrick Cantlay??

Last edited by a moderator:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been told by my friend (Coach on tour) #ForReal
Intel on last 6 movers was spot on..

A top 5 player in OWGR going to Liv next..
Pretty easy to work out who it is...... If Intel is correct..
Patrick Cantlay??
Does the intel concur with the easy to work out who it is deduction ?
I dont know how to work it out.

Hoganman1

Visit site
For me the majors are still the measuring stick for golf immortality. However, other events are gaining status like The Players and the FedEx Cup playoffs. If LIV survives I feel sure over time it will gain status as well. IMHO they need to expand the tournaments to 72 holes, drop the team thing and have more than 48 players competing. On the other hand maybe the format is what is attracting some fans, especially the younger generation. Many of us old guys are locked in on tradition. We grew up playing a game that can be stodgy at times. I think Tiger changed the game and made it more popular for the masses. When I first started playing and watching no one could have imagined things like the 16th hole in Phoenix, music in golf carts and Top Golf. Things always evolve and golf is not immune. I love the game and if LIV is the future, I'll learn to LIVe with it.

Swango1980

Visit site
For me the majors are still the measuring stick for golf immortality. However, other events are gaining status like The Players and the FedEx Cup playoffs. If LIV survives I feel sure over time it will gain status as well. IMHO they need to expand the tournaments to 72 holes, drop the team thing and have more than 48 players competing. On the other hand maybe the format is what is attracting some fans, especially the younger generation. Many of us old guys are locked in on tradition. We grew up playing a game that can be stodgy at times. I think Tiger changed the game and made it more popular for the masses. When I first started playing and watching no one could have imagined things like the 16th hole in Phoenix, music in golf carts and Top Golf. Things always evolve and golf is not immune. I love the game and if LIV is the future, I'll learn to LIVe with it.

Absolutely. Like we've had to learn to live with Covid

D

Deleted member 21445

Really interesting to watch the stripe show podcast and find out Taylor Gooch was never supposed to end up permanently on Liv, well not straight away anyway.

He went to London to see what it was like after being told he would receive a fine from the PGA Tour for teeing it up at Centurion but then go back to the PGAT.

Then ended up in no man's land suspended from the PGAT with no contract with Liv either.
Had no other choice, didn't get a signing on fee as they knew he was out of options.

Sure the $5.8 million Liv prize money has softened the blow but it would appear it was not an informed career decision.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Taylor Gooch was never supposed to end up permanently on Liv....
He went to London to see what it was like...

Reminds of a line from The Big Big Theory.
Leonard has sex with a visiting professor, but protests "Come on, it wasnt my fault". Sheldon : "The implication being that you somehow tripped and fell into her lady parts? "

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yes. Yes indeed. Rory McIlroy is the only golfer left on the PGAT who has won a major. Quite true...
....Ah....actually....is it, now that I come to think of it ?

Did anybody suggest he was.

Of course he could have been the guy at 68 days if he’d had a bit more luck, and his opponents hadn’t played quite so well at St Andrew’s……

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
It would be better for both tours if the sniping stopped on both sides.

Doesn't reflect well on either
Agree. Think if you look at it neutrally it was mainly directed towards the new earlier on, and more recently has evened up. Outspoken players such as Mickleson, Rory, Reed, Horschel, Gooch become obvious targets for the 'fans' aligning themselves with one side or the other. Some blinkered views and selective stat picking abound. Unfortunately don't envisage it settling down for a while.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One question that LIV need to answer if they want OWGR ranking points is "how can we award official world golf ranking points to your tour if you aren't allowing everyone on the OWGR ranking to play in your events?" If you want your players to earn OWGR points then surely everyone should have that opportunity not just those you want to invite.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
One question that LIV need to answer if they want OWGR ranking points is "how can we award official world golf ranking points to your tour if you aren't allowing everyone on the OWGR ranking to play in your events?" If you want your players to earn OWGR points then surely everyone should have that opportunity not just those you want to invite.

They've already addressed this, it's been covered in this thread, at least a couple of times, but, as of 2023, any player can attempt to qualify for LIV if they wish.

D

Deleted member 15344

They've already addressed this, it's been covered in this thread, at least a couple of times, but, as of 2023, any player can attempt to qualify for LIV if they wish.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-relegation-promotion-qualifying-tournament/amp

Have the details actually been released about the “qualifying” tournament ?

“the bottom four finishers in the 2023 year-long LIV standings will be relegated from the league, with three spots filled by a qualifying tournament called a "Promotions" event and the fourth going to the winner of the money list for the LIV International Series, which will be co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and LIV Golf.”

Which players can enter this qualifying tournament?

And have they said which players are “exempt” from relegation ?