LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1147

Good to see Mickleson Is even against the PGA tour’s tagline.
“LIV over Par”

RRidges

Visit site
He owns some epic venues (unfortunately) so I understand why they would want to play at some of them - Royal Aberdeen and Turnberry in particular. But this isn't some old bloke out there enjoying himself. He is using this as a platform to make another run at being President. That's completely bonkers and LIV should not be getting on board with this.
While he does own Turnberry, so there goes any chance of having The Open there for a long time, he doesn't own Royal Aberdeen, He did, however build Trump Aberdeen though. Not without considerable objection from locals.
There's an interesting article here..https://www.businessinsider.com/why-do-trump-golf-resorts-lose-millions-dollars-every-year-2021-5

Last edited:

RRidges

Visit site
He owns the course, and plenty more quality courses where LIV will feature.
Can’t say it bothers me, the guy is 76 years old and out there enjoying the game. Kudos to him for that.
A mistake playing at Trump courses imo. Though definitely an act that will get publicity, which may well be the real reason - in the 'any publicity is good publicity' approach. And, excusing a slight brush with politics, Trump is still very popular amongst the die-hard right that is the core of the GOP!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you not just acknowledge Stenson is playing great golf right now round a tough course..

Tony Finau played great golf last week, I love his gsme and was great to watch also?️

Its a simple yes and no answer?

Sure, he is playing great golf, but he is benefitting from a weak field. I don't know how tough the course is compared to typical PGA Tour venues.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
He owns the course, and plenty more quality courses where LIV will feature.
Can’t say it bothers me, the guy is 76 years old and out there enjoying the game. Kudos to him for that.

Trump is unspeakably vulgar, obsessed with making money and utterly amoral. Some would say he is therefore the perfect partner for LIV Golf.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what are we saying then? The OWGR rankings aren’t accurate because they don’t take into account players who aren’t competing in qualifying events?

In that case, it proves the point that LIV players should get OWGR points, if you want to maintain a true ranking of the best players in the world. If tiger can be exempted for not having the opportunity to pick up points due to injury, then so can BDC, DJ etc, if they aren’t getting OWGR points on LIV.

Proves nothing of the sort. The players chose to play non-ranking eligible events. No different if they chose to play corporate events or made for TV spectaculars. LIV Golf can set up its own ranking anytime it likes. The OWGR can tell them to do a large one.

RRidges

Visit site
Can you not just acknowledge Stenson is playing great golf right now round a tough course..

Tony Finau played great golf last week, I love his gsme and was great to watch also?️

Its a simple yes and no answer?
He - and DJ - are playing considerably better golf than the rest of the field. That is all that can be gleaned from the results, though Bedminster was of sufficient quality to be due to hold this year's PGA - under a 2014 agreement that was pulled by USPGA (not The PGA Tour) in January this year. There's still potential, as in any golf tournament, for the lurkers, such as Reed and Gooch to make a charge.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
He - and DJ - are playing considerably better golf than the rest of the field. That is all that can be gleaned from the results, though Bedminster was of sufficient quality to be due to hold this year's PGA - under a 2014 agreement that was pulled by USPGA (not The PGA Tour) in January this year. There's still potential, as in any golf tournament, for the lurkers, such as Reed and Gooch to make a charge.

Trump Bedminster would likely have had some specific set-up instructions from the PGA Of America, maybe some course alterations or elements of a composite course. You can't assume the course was set up to PGA Championship standard this week - it very probably was not.

RRidges

Visit site
Trump Bedminster would likely have had some specific set-up instructions from the PGA Of America, maybe some course alterations or elements of a composite course. You can't assume the course was set up to PGA Championship standard this week - it very probably was not.
I agree, and even inferred that in my post - for those without blinkers. Green speeds are about the only attribute to be similar. Pin placements would likely have been quite different.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

Can I ask how you know it very probably was not, I hope your medical information does not come from the same source of knowledge.

RRidges

Visit site
Can I ask how you know it very probably was not, I hope your medical information does not come from the same source of knowledge.
I would suspect 'common sense' would be the most likely reason. Even I have sufficient of that to realise The PGA basically takes over a course and sets it up specifically for 'their' tournament! Beth Page Black was certainly set up a lot harder than when I played it - and it was incredibly tough enough then!
I trust you realise there's a significant difference between 'occupation' and 'recreation'.
Does your club set Club Champ course up as per normal comps? None of mine, in 3 different countries, have!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I agree that it's not good news for DPWT. But that's actually reality. Nevertheless, a player (Ryan Fox for example) can earn a good living (at about #50 OWGR currently) on the DPWT, but to go up World rankings, performing well on the PGAT will be essential.
He's done well. Time will tell, I think the article was suggesting the risk that the "can", may become "used to".
Here's his recent top ranking points & the SoF earned in

24.0 70
16.8 126
14.4 63
12.0 46

D

Deleted member 1147

Just noticed Charley Hoffman at the Rocket mortgage.
Wasn’t he one of the Saudi tour’s biggest cheerleaders in the early days ?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
While he does own Turnberry, so there goes any chance of having The Open there for a long time, he doesn't own Royal Aberdeen, He did, however build Trump Aberdeen though. Not without considerable objection from locals.
There's an interesting article here..https://www.businessinsider.com/why-do-trump-golf-resorts-lose-millions-dollars-every-year-2021-5
That was the one I meant. I watched the film and it wasn't cool. It was proper embarrassing that the SNP just bent over and let Trump do whatever he wanted.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Gonna be close between the Majesticks and the 4 Aces this one. ?
Who give a toss about the manufactured rubbish team comp! The huge difference in prize money between winning individual and winning team reflects the REAL attitude, so it's just a differentiating gimmick! And likely just another shill post!
And Paul Casey is just embarrassing in his promotion of it!

Last edited:

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who give a toss about the manufactured rubbish team comp! The huge difference in prize money between winning individual and winning team reflects the REAL attitude, so it's just a differentiating gimmick! And likely just another shill post!

I’m interested it adds another element to the comp. Majesticks just pulled one back. Now 2 behind. ?