LIV Golf

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Potentially
The DP world tour has been very quiet in all this so far.
The CEO is very astute and actually achieved good things over the last few years .
I think they will be absolutely fine once the dust settles.

The DP World Tour is screwed if they become seen as the 3rd Tour. They need to get together with the PGA Tour pronto.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Everyday is a school day, apparently Ancer cannot represent the International President's Cup team now that he's no longer a member of the North American tour ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Everyday is a school day, apparently Ancer cannot represent the International President's Cup team now that he's no longer a member of the North American tour ?
I'm sure that would depend on whether he was able to play on another tour where OWGR points could be gained. But I'm also sure that he considered that when he decided to go to LIV. I don't think it means all that much to him anyway - and it's a strange situation for him anyway. He was born in US and qualified via PGA Tour, but resides in Mexico, so qualifies for International - and was top scores in Melbourne.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
He's withdrawn from the Travellers, so I guess the announcement is imminent.
The text in the post you quoted still applies though doesn't it! Until that changes, kindly stop wasting my time quoting me with simply more speculation (I'm more than capable of doing that myself.)!

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
This is what is bemusing - they can put all the moral responsibilitis on the players, but instead the PGA Tour have tried to force their morals on anybody that competes for them - these are grown adults, with employees, mdeia teams etc. I'm sure a few of them have felt like the PGA Tour are trying to force way too much influence and public judgement on them.
First time I've seen 'The PGA Tour' and 'morals' seen together in a 'positive' way! They are a business, albeit 'non-profit', but providing plenty of benefits for members and employees. Monahan himself apparently earns around $4M from his position, so certainly has a vested interested in maintaining The PGA Tour's dominant position!