Letham Grange.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Real shame, played it many years ago and thought it was a nice track.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chris Packham would probably approve. It is a shame from a golf perspective but hopefully others will benefit, whether people or wildlife. We are not short of courses after all.

Two good comparison pictures.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes - what a shame - I played it not long after it had been opened and it was being touted as Scotland's Augusta...

At the time the holes through the woods were already stunning - though the new ones in adjacent fields were still very immature. I can recall quite clearly me and my mate Duncan having a post round beer in the house's magnificent orangery. It felt a special place.

Visit site
Such a shame. We played there on our annual Scottish Tour back in 2014, and the writing was on the wall then.
From memory, there was a mix of good and average holes. We played on a dismal foggy day, and the place could hardly have looked more depressing.
I would love to have played there in its pomp on a sunny day.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I can't remember which hole it was but there used to be a replica of the par 3 16th at Augusta.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I can't remember which hole it was but there used to be a replica of the par 3 16th at Augusta.

I always think it's a sign of poor design when a course copies a hole from another course, Mickey Mouse ins't quite the phrase I'm looking for but something like that.

Why can't hey create their own iconic hole?

Chico84

Visit site
Never played nor heard of this place but it is fascinating to see the change in such a short space of time. If it wasn’t already apparent it really puts the green keepers’ role into perspective.

I’m tempted to go and see what Moore Place looks like now it’s been closed for some time but I think I may find it too depressing.