Knock, Knock at the door, all i need to do is walk through it!!

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm knocking at the door, all i need to do is walk through it i can feel im close to breaking through it!

i played today in our mid week medal, and walked off with an avg score for me 104, nett 76 but, but! im not dissapointed with where i went wrong, well i am but im happy about all the things that went right, and for the first time im not beating myself up about the bad shots of which there where plenty

I started out with a birdie 2 to take a piece of the birdie sweep which is a first :D i hit a 7iron with a nice draw pin high about 15ft from the hole, cursed my 2nd shot thinking id not hit it, but the greens are fast and true and it died into the hole!!

first dropped shots i hooked my driver into rough off the tee on the 2nd, which i couldnt find, so 3 of the tee and posted an 8

3rd hole par 4 i parred

bogied the par 3 4th after duffing my 2nd shot

our par 3 6th i hit a 6iron striat right, i had about 20yards to the flag over bunker, yup i fluffed the chip and put it into the bunker, bunker shot into the fringe 8iron chip onto green and 2 putted for a 6

i finished the front 9 with 47 :D

10th hole another par 3 i parred, then it went to crap

back 9 was awfull i par'd the 10th and the 15th par 5 then i scored a 6,7,8,9 and ended up scoring a 57 in, in there was a ball into water a cpl of 3 putts, another duffed chip into a bunker, a insanely fat tee shot that had the divot go further than my ball and a carless tap-in that lipped out

but over all im made up with how i played and know that dropped shots are more than rectifiable, hell if i had saved just 6 shots i would of shot a 98 and would been tied for 1st as when i left as leader was a nett 70 and the weather had just started to turn horrid as we finished,

but there was an easy 10 shots left out there today, full handicap stableford on sunday, cant wait to play and i can feel i am about to break through and achieve my first cut!!

sorry for the long post and lame title just feels how i am feeling right now

feeling a bit bad for hoping not many other birdies are scored so i get a bit more money out of the sweep lol

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
sounding great Richie, I never worry to much about the score now as it highlights where your overall game is at. Like you I try and look at the positive holes/shots the rest will come in time with practice and more rounds.

Nice 2 aswell, great start to a round ;)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try not to think about the hundred think about 95 or something or better yet try not to think of anything! It will come though

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You sound at a very similar stage as i am. I have only just joined so havent handed in my 3 cards yet but would definitely be 28 i think. I played 9 holes today and 7 were 3 putted i also put 2 balls oob. After counting up the silly putts oob and duffed shots i could of easily shaved 10 maybe more off my round.

Keep it up mate.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great attitude. Don't get hung up because the scores arent there. You are doing enough and sooner or later it will click. Not onyl will you go low and get cut, but chances are will compete in that comp too even if you don't win it. The less pressure we put on ourselves each time the easier we make it (allegedly)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
as others have said - don't focus on the scores, they are more likely to arrive when you just enjoy your golf (even medals).

I can say this after todays medal disaster - 37/51 against 36/36 76 today ; yep all went pete tong when I realised how well the front 9 had gone and started to set myself objectives!

I hate this game.....:whistle:

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
homer - me feeling like this is a very new thing, in the past i came off and beat myself up about it, now i just feel happy with what i did right i know where i went wrong and want to get back out asap to try and put it right,

daveyg - yeah im new to the game, only picked up sticks last august, so not even a year under my belt, im loving it tho totally addicted

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
I was at your stage a year ago. First thing I did was to get a mate to hold my card so I could not see my scores (and therefore not think about them). Secondly I stopped playing so seriously and just played for enjoyment. Thirdly, my swing is now a much more repeatable thing. Fourthly, I made sure I had the clubs that were right for me. And lastly, I left the driver at home until I could master it on the range, this game is so much easier from the fairway than the rough/OOB.