Are par 3 courses a great way to introduce beginners to golf, or do they contribute to the misconception that golf is an easy sport?

Swango1980

Visit site
If a beginner plays a Par 3 course, and thinks golf is easy as a result, fair play to them. They must have tonnes of natural ability, and if they do they'll probably start playing standard courses anyway.

Par 3 courses are great for beginners. In fact, pitch and putt is great for absolute beginners. There was a good par 3 course near me when I was still in N Ireland, at between the age of 19-23ish, when at uni, myself and a mate would go there and play once or twice a month. Occasionally a few of our other mates who don't play golf. I've known some to have a 10 foot putt and knock it 40 foot past and off the green (greens were not quick), because they've no sense of pace. One of our mates, a rugby player, would hit driver on a 130 yard hole and struggle to get there.

Put beginners on a standard course, and they may be put off golf for life. Put them on par 3 courses, they might just remain keen long enough for them to improve, to a point where playing a standard course would be less daunting.

Klimski

Visit site
My go to course to play course is a nice Par 3 course, 9 holes. My very best score there is +2, and I'm an 18 hcp. My best score ever on a regular course is +1 over 9 holes. So, I don't think Par 3 courses are neccesarily easy, but they are great for everyone! Just to nerd out: relatively speaking, tour players have the highest scoring average on par 3's (compared to par 4's and 5's).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can tell by the length of the title and how the posts are worded that she isn’t a real person AI is good but not yet good enough to pass off as a real person.
Just don’t engage
Do you know what the bots / AI etc get out of this? There is no link to another site, no click through. I don't see what they gain?

Unless something is happening behind the scenes and stealing all of our information :eek:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Do you know what the bots / AI etc get out of this? There is no link to another site, no click through. I don't see what they gain?

Unless something is happening behind the scenes and stealing all of our information :eek:

I wasn’t aware, till today, that another long standing member of the forum had had a DM for the previous Lucknow visitor. If we knew what the message was we might have an idea what they want.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Started at Morden Park pitch and putt with my dads MacGregor bladed 7 and 9 iron and putter rather than the crappy clubs they gave out in the wooden shed
In fairness to Homer, Morden 18 hole P&P morphed into a 9 hole Par 3
I should know as I changed it ;)
Closed now I think.

Out of interest Homer did you pay to play or did you just jump on like most folk did.

HeftyHacker

Visit site

I imagine it starts off with a couple of superficially legitimate posts to make themselves seem credible... before what you've suggested happens.

I miss the days of them being direct and to the point and just straight up asking for pictures of my appendage to later blackmail me with.

Albo

Visit site

No idea, it may be someone with a passing interest in golf figuring out what Ai can do and how much interaction they get from it.
Seems mighty odd

Albo

Visit site
I imagine it starts off with a couple of superficially legitimate posts to make themselves seem credible... before what you've suggested happens.

I miss the days of them being direct and to the point and just straight up asking for pictures of my appendage to later blackmail me with.
Hi Hefty, I’m a 21 year old Thai girl; why don’t you urm send me a DM with a picture of y..know… no blackmail will happen as a result of this.
Best Mike… I mean Mindy

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm quite disappointed at the turn this thread has taken. I was just about to thrill you all with my story of industrial giants, synthetic ammonia, mesothelioma and a par 3 golf course.

I won't bother now.

sunshine

Visit site
I'm quite disappointed at the turn this thread has taken. I was just about to thrill you all with my story of industrial giants, synthetic ammonia, mesothelioma and a par 3 golf course.

I won't bother now.

I'm on the edge of my seat. Are you going to tell us about the ammonia now? Or was it just another clickbait post to get me excited?