Keeping Physical Cards

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crikey. They can come round to my house, I'll put the kettle on and we can trawl through what I have on my floor. We can then put together a big spreadsheet to cross reference electronic scores members have entered, and where we can find no card. In doing so, I will go through my hundreds and hundreds of emails, whatsapp messages, Facebook messages and texts to see the ones that were sent that way.

More realistic answer would be: sorry, we don't have them, so do what you need to do.
I think we need the divinate answer to the question. I keep all Q cards for 1 year, all the rest go in the bin.

I think talk about becoming a non affiliated club would cause many members to leave in droves and what your left with is a club of nomads.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think we need the divinate answer to the question. I keep all Q cards for 1 year, all the rest go in the bin.

I think talk about becoming a non affiliated club would cause many members to leave in droves and what your left with is a club of nomads.
I just hope the authorities recognise the impact of Covid, and the impact of allowing members to directly enter scores at will, in terms of how that effects clubs. Especially clubs with Committee members who have full time jobs and give up free time to help their members as best they can. I spent 2 hours when I got home today just going through the dozens of cards I collected from club from this week, and then responding to member emails that come in almost daily

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just hope the authorities recognise the impact of Covid, and the impact of allowing members to directly enter scores at will, in terms of how that effects clubs. Especially clubs with Committee members who have full time jobs and give up free time to help their members as best they can. I spent 2 hours when I got home today just going through the dozens of cards I collected from club from this week, and then responding to member emails that come in almost daily
I'm still not sure why you go through dozens of cards, if its a comp don't you just verify the top 4 or so.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
These are not competition cards. These are cards for a members first handicap, or cards for general play rounds.
I appreciate what your trying to do but the owners of your club need to start taking more responsibility for their members. I used to have a similar problem as ours is a proprietary club but I taught one of the admin staff to enter initial cards and how to assign CDH No . Casual round cards should be entered either via the PSI or the app by the member. All you need to check is that they registered against the WHS DB daily played report.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

And till time to post on here.....get on with your pedantry or just get on with your golf!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scoring in Stroke Play (Rule 3.3b)
“In view of concerns around handling and exchanging scorecards (which may be in paper or electronic form as already provided in the Rules), on a temporary basis, Committees may choose to allow methods of scoring in stroke play that do not strictly comply with Rule 3.3b, or do not comply with the normal methods used under Rule 3.3b.
For example:
  • Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it).
  • It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place.
  • It is not necessary to physically return a scorecard to the Committee provided the Committee can accept the scores in another way.”

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
CONGU or EG specified that under CONGI+U they had to be kept for 2 years. Counties never had a requirement.

So what would be your comment about
On the keeping of cards issue, I have know one club who were audited by county and had to produce the last years cards. From post #19

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what would be your comment about
On the keeping of cards issue, I have know one club who were audited by county and had to produce the last years cards. From post #19
I have no idea. Perhaps there had been complaints about a player's or some players' handicaps and they were auditing those.