Just hit someone with an errant tee shot

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your that bothered about a full risk assessment being done on the course without some level of common sense being involved then it's time you gave the game up and started playing lawn bowls.
I nearly hit someone a few months back. I hit a lovely tee shot straight up the left side of the 8th fairway which ricocheted off the telegraph pole cross member and nearly hit the group on the 3rd. When we got there they asked why we hadn't shouted Fore and we replied that the shot had gone straight up the fairway so we didn't feel it was necessary. It still gets the odd mention now!

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never made a claim against the other chap as it was a mate and he was feeling so bad about it, he did offer me his insurance details, but at the end of the day it was just an accident, he wasn't doing anything silly, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I managed to complete my round ( after a short break ) and in hindsight have 5-6 beers might not have been the best thing to do but it did help with the headache.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Any loss of conciousness = hospital!

The claim isn't against your mate, its off the insurance company to which he pays to be covered against such claims so.....New shineys, Extra holiday?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played a par 3 course in Yorkshire that definitely had no risk assessment carried out. The 2nd and 4th fairways were a single strip with the tee boxes on the opposing fairway, so you tee'd off over the other tee. Me and my mate nearly got hit as we stood to the side of the fairway to let another group tee off, the ball flew dead straight at us at head height, we both stepped back a yard and it flew straight past. No shout of Fore or even an apology, if we hadn't been watching the ball right off the tee we could have been in trouble. Needless to say I didn't play there again

joma1108

Assistant Pro
Visit site
touching on the scottish guy from earlier who was hit and lost his eye, he did succesfully sue both the golf club and the other chaps insurance, was awarded just shy of 400k i believe.

coincidentally i was playing with a guy who knows him and he lost his job as a result of the injury and the insurance company has not paid a sweet dime yet as they are contesting the award, the guy is in a pretty bad way financially so not all good news if you get hit and win the case.