Junior Membership

D

Deleted member 16999

Interesting what you say about 'free' @pauldj42 . We had a similar chat at my sons cricket club regarding summer camps they were running. They wanted to keep the cost down but the ecb advisor suggested a middle ground. "You will be used for child care, the kids dropped off won't be interested, they will disrupt those who want to play ' . Yr one they went cheap and everything happened as we were warned. Yr two we charged as advised and it was a much better experience. It's about pitching it right.

Brilliant job by the way.
Cheers,
Locally Pro’s who run 1hr group coaching sessions at weekends charge anywhere from £5.00 - £15.00 per kid and have groups anywhere between 5 and 12 kids attending each session.
The local swimming club charges £30.00 per month per kid, a local kids football team has £2.00 per match subs, I’m really not sure why people think Golf should be free, there is funding out there to enable it to be “free” at the point of delivery, but otherwise the members have to fund it.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We seem to be £75 for Junior Cadet (beginners) and £150 for Juniors up to 18.
I think the Cadets have to take lessons and show they can at least hit the ball before they're allowed on the course..

Might be why we don't have many........
Have you enquired about a senior cadet membership category for Fragger?

D

Deleted member 29109

My club is £50 per year for the lad. Ely which is the next closest is £36 I think.

There hasn’t been much in the way of junior events other than some group coaching sessions due to Covid. But they are starting up again so hopefully he will join in when they do.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crumbs....... I never thought my place would, seemingly, turn out to be so far ahead in price of others.

".....we have a structure in place so the kids develop and enjoy the game with a full and inclusive competition structure." Was part answer as to why.

I think they are missing the point. You've got to get them interested FIRST. Not have a fully organised system. It's not like footie where they see it all the time and everyones following it. It's GOLF. It's not on wall to wall TV everywhere you go. Some of the kids won't even know the game exists unless a familly member plays.

I cannot be the one who lets the golfing die on my side of the familly.

D

Deleted member 21258

I paid green fees for the first few times with my daughter and son, why dont you ?. Until I knew who was interested. Daughter lost interest, but son continued so we paid for him to join a club.

For what they get it was a bargain tbh(junior comps, training night, team matches, food after team matches, unlimited golf and so on) and big thumbs up for all clubs that offer at a good price, as the members/business are paying for it. Son not a juniors anymore, so pay accordingly.

looking as at today :-

Price this year upto 13 £65, 14-17 £95.00.
At other place upto Junior school £50 and 11-18 £95.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
No joining fees for juniors, or anyone under 25. The junior fees are staggered at Leighton:

under 12 £66
under 14 £97
under 16 £158
under 18 £255

We run junior coaching every week for all juniors between 5 -17. £10 for 5 sessions, you don't have to be a member to attend.

D

Deleted member 16999

No joining fees for juniors, or anyone under 25. The junior fees are staggered at Leighton:

under 12 £66
under 14 £97
under 16 £158
under 18 £255

We run junior coaching every week for all juniors between 5 -17. £10 for 5 sessions, you don't have to be a member to attend.
Can I ask what a 15yr old gets for an extra £61.00 over a 13yr old?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Our local club have abandoned memberships across the board, it's pay (a lot) and play only now.

They are pretty good with the juniors though, as are most of the clubs. Competitions take place regulary across the region, and usually it's 20 euro for an 18 hole comp, 10 euro for a nine hole comp - which the lad played at La Finca last saturday.

Must admit though, the first thing I'd do if I moved back to the UK is get us both signed up as members of a club so we can play at will - it chokes you forking out 80 euros plus for a round of 18 holes with your kid.

D

Deleted member 3432

Ours range from £30 for under 12's up to £80 for 16-18 years.

We don't have a lot of juniors although numbers were increasing pre covid due to the efoorts of the pro and Junior organisers. Covid meant a loos of momentum, pro has had to focus on the pro shop although I expect it should kick on again this summer.

I was taking my boy to the Saturday morning sessions although the practice area at Silloth is a cold and windy place for kids even in summer.....He's been going to a local range more recently for lessons but I hope to get him back to the club as the sessions are miles better than what he's doing now. He's 8 now so maybe not too far away from actually playing a few holes from the junior tees which are well up the fairway.

D

Deleted member 16999

No idea. I’m sure it was cheaper when my lad was a junior, but the prices changed a few years back
No worries, we discussed charging different fees by age, U11 and U16, but couldn’t agree on how we’d sell it to parents without taking something away from U11’s.??

D

Deleted member 16999

I would appreciate it if anyone knows the reason(s) Clubs have different fees in the up to 16 age categories.

Last edited by a moderator: